A Little Peace?

Old December 9th 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default A Little Peace?

I guess is will be quiet here for you guys with trunky going to the mandela funeral, eh?
Old December 9th 13, 09:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 11:06:47 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

I guess is will be quiet here for you guys with trunky going to the mandela funeral, eh?

Figgers. Mandela was a terrorist, anti-American, a communist, and
spent most of his life in jail. No wonder Trunky liked him. At least
Mandela didn't molest children.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old December 9th 13, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, December 9, 2013 3:38:34 PM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:
On 12/9/13 2:07 PM, wrote:

Mandela was a terrorist, anti-American, a communist, and

spent most of his life in jail.

Minus your disapprobation, that makes Mandela sound like a veritable Hero.

You think those are good things?
Old December 10th 13, 02:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Monday, December 9, 2013 9:33:15 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Holy ****, KKK Bob. I knew you were bat**** crazy, but this insanity is truly strange. Did you just wake up from the bender you through to celebrate the death of a great man?

"Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies."

- Nelson Mandela

Old December 10th 13, 09:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 18:33:15 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Monday, December 9, 2013 11:06:47 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:
I guess is will be quiet here for you guys with trunky going to the mandela funeral, eh?

Holy ****, KKK Bob. I knew you were bat**** crazy, but this insanity
is truly strange. Did you just wake up from the bender
you through to celebrate the death of a great man?

Great man? You certainly are a whacko. He was a communist,
anti-American, and a terrorist. He spent most of his life in jail.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old December 11th 13, 12:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:27:45 PM UTC-6, twobuddha wrote:

He spent most of his life in jail because assholes like you put him there..
You would have functioned well in white South Africa, as Thompson would
have. And if appreciating true courage, moral rectitude and all
around goodness makes me a whacko, I am happy to be one. Considering
you celebrate cowardice, racism, and all around assholery.

Here's an alternative vision of Mandela's contribution to world peace:

http://www.saveamericafoundation.com/2013/12/06/nelson-mandela-1918-2013-good-man-evil-man-decide-fred-brownbill/

Alternatively,

http://tinyurl.com/owt7pr4

Read that and draw your own conclusions. Now, it's important to remember how that story ended -- AS WELL AS how a similar story ended here in the good ol' USA. We had a gang of 18th-century terrorists of our own ... now we call them our Founding Fathers, and we revere them as Mandela is revered in his homeland.

God forbid that anything like that ever occurs again, but if it does? It's going to be conducted by all the people whom you describe as whack jobs, terrorists, and worse. Just like in 1776. And just like 235 years ago, the revolutionaries -- terrorists just like Mandela -- WILL win. Because today we outnumber the king's men by almost 100 to 1.

Keep in mind that the winners who survive will have their say over the fates of the losers. 235 years ago, the Loyalists (the king's men and their supporters) were run out of the new-founded nation and their possessions redistributed among the winners.

And many Loyalists, people like Benjamin Franklin's son William Franklin, were imprisoned long before the end of revolutionary hostilities.

So be careful how you choose sides, and the enemies you make now. Someday you may be called to account.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old December 11th 13, 12:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

On Monday, December 9, 2013 11:06:47 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:

I guess is will be quiet here for you guys with trunky going to the mandela funeral, eh?

Holy ****, KKK Bob. I knew you were bat**** crazy, but this insanity

is truly strange. Did you just wake up from the bender

you through to celebrate the death of a great man?

Great man? You certainly are a whacko. He was a communist,

anti-American, and a terrorist. He spent most of his life in jail.

He spent most of his life in jail because assholes like you put him there.

I put him there? You really are a whacko.

You would have functioned well in white South Africa, as
Thompson would have. And if appreciating true courage,
moral rectitude and all around goodness makes me a whacko,
I am happy to be one.

You are one. Mandela was a terrorist and a communist.

Considering you celebrate cowardice, racism, and all around assholery.

Cowardice? I am a Superhero and a military hero. I have the
Presidential Unit Citation on my uniform.

Racism? Certainly not me. I just bought a banjo. How can someone
who owns a banjo be a racist?

And the only asshole around here is you. Why do you think they all
call you, "Trunky"?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old December 11th 13, 01:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:05:25 AM UTC-5, comadrejo wrote:

As much as this country has its problems and it will have big
problems in the future, we have to work together in our Federal
Governmental System. I always thought Libertarians were kooks, who
believed in FEMA Re education Camps, maintaining segregation by
ignoring the importance of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and just part
of the historian Richard Hofstadter has called the Paranoid Style of
American Politics.

Yesss. From his essay about that, published in *1954*:

"There is a dynamic of dissent in America today. It is powerful enough
to set the tone of our political life and to establish throughout the
country a kind of punitive reaction. The new dissent is certainly not
radical, nor is it precisely conservative. It can most accurately be
called pseudo-conservative, because its exponents, although they
believe themselves to be conservatives and usually employ the rhetoric
of conservatism, have little in common with the temperate and
compromising spirit of true conservatism in the classical sense of the
word."

"The pseudo-conservative, Adorno writes, shows "conventionality and
authoritarian submissiveness" in his conscious thinking and "violence,
anarchic impulses, and chaotic destructiveness in the unconscious
sphere. ... In the name of upholding traditional American values and
institutions, he consciously or unconsciously aims at their
abolition." The pseudo-conservative always imagines himself to be
dominated and imposed upon because he feels that he is not dominant
and knows of no other way of interpreting his position. It is for this
reason that he enjoys seeing outstanding generals, distinguished
secretaries of state, and prominent scholars browbeaten and
humiliated."

"I do not share the widespread foreboding among liberals that this form
of dissent will grow until it overwhelms our liberties altogether and
plunges us into a totalitarian nightmare. However, in a populistic
culture like ours, which seems to lack a responsible elite with
political and moral autonomy, and in which it is possible to exploit
the wildest currents of public sentiment for private purposes, it is
at least conceivable that a highly organized, vocal, active and
well-financed minority could create a political climate in which the
rational pursuit of our well-being and safety would become impossible."

- Excerpted from "The Pseudo-Conservative Revolt",
Richard Hofstadter, 1954.