A suitable end to Thanksgiving weekend

Old December 3rd 13, 05:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default A suitable end to Thanksgiving weekend

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 19:18:55 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

And not to belabor the point, but the Second Amendment
starts with the words "A well regulated Militia...". In my
personal opinion, someone who has not participated in at least
some level of "militia" training by, say, his 25th birthday
(even something as innocuous as an NRA firearms safety
course) should have his 2A right revoked.

Incorrect. The Second Amendment does NOT say that you have to belong
to a militia or have military training to bear arms. Do not twist the
words of our Founding Fathers.

And since the word, "militia" is in there, it is obvious that our
Founding Fathers wanted citizens to own military style weapons i.e.
assault weapons. Therefore an assault weapons ban is
unconstitutional.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
God bless America.
Old December 3rd 13, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:21:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 19:18:55 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry wrote this crap: And not to belabor the point, but the Second Amendment starts with the words "A well regulated Militia...". In my personal opinion, someone who has not participated in at least some level of "militia" training by, say, his 25th birthday (even something as innocuous as an NRA firearms safety course) should have his 2A right revoked. Incorrect. The Second Amendment does NOT say that you have to belong to a militia or have military training to bear arms. Do not twist the words of our Founding Fathers. And since the word, "militia" is in there, it is obvious that our Founding Fathers wanted citizens to own military style weapons i.e. assault weapons. Therefore an assault weapons ban is unconstitutional. Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all. God bless America.

I didn't twist the words,I quoted them, The rest is my perswonal opinion.
Old December 3rd 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 08:23:41 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:21:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:

I didn't twist the words,I quoted them, The rest is my perswonal opinion.

Your opinion is not the intent of our Founding Fathers. They clearly
intended that all free people be able to keep and bear arms.

Old December 3rd 13, 04:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 09:00:15 -0800, comadrejo

On 2013-12-03 06:21:26 +0000, said:

Do not twist the
words of our Founding Fathers.

The Founding Fathers would be laughing hysterically at this debate
about guns in present day America, the Second Amendment has nothing to
do about firearms.

Yes, the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States has
nothing do with firearms.

The Second Amendment is a response to Article 1, Section 8 of the US
Constitution, the power of the Congress to raise a National Army. This
was pretty controversial at the time, given it looked upon as an
infringement on States Rights, ditto with the Militia Clause of the US
Constitution. There are still some troglodytes back then who thought
the Articles of Confederation was still tha bomb, and wanted to be
placated with about the power check by States against the Federal
Government on raising and maintaining a National Army.

State Rights have nothing to do with Individual Rights, and the
Second Amendment is aimed at State Rights to have militias as counter
balance for a National Standing Army. (Most armies back then, couldn't
be permanent because they were too expensive, and soldier were needed
to getting out the harvest) Those who demand the Amendment didn't care
about Individual Rights, as much they wanted Collective Rights. There
is a big difference between Collective Rights and Individual Rights.

It is a poorly worded compromise by James Madison. The original
intent is an anachronism today as Home Depot, and Construction
equipment has made the Third Amendment an anachronism for today. The
Second Amendment battle of the present has taken on a completely
different intent than what the Founding Fathers, (and the author of the
Amendment, James Madison) meant when it was amended in the late 18th
Century.

Please tell us the intent of the Second Amendment. Meanwhile here are
some quotes from our Founding Fathers that you may peruse:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are
neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make
things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they
serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed
man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Thomas Jefferson

"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks
and Romans, and must be that of every free state."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the
Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President

"The constitutions of most of our states (and of the United States)
assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may
exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at
all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom
of religion, freedom of property and freedom of the press."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the
Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President
Source a letter from Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright in 1824

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I
advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it
gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played
with the ball and others of that nature are too violent for the body
and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the
constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson's advice to his 15 year-old nephew Peter Carr 1785

By these words, it shows clearly and indisputably that Thomas
Jefferson believed that I should be able to carry an M16 with me
everywhere that I go. I should be able to carry it into bars,
government buildings, liquor stores, and even schools.

BTW, I must assume that Thomas Jefferson carried a gun with him at all
times, also I must assume that most of the Founding Fathers did too.

And here's a quote I like.

"To each of my Nephews, William Augustine Washington, George Lewis,
George Steptoe Washington, Bushrod Washington, and Samuel Washington,
I give one of my swords or Cutteaux of which I may be Possessed; and
they are to choose in the order they are named. These Swords are
accompanied with an injunction not to unsheathe them for the purpose
of shedding blood, except it be for self defense, or in the defense of
their Country and its rights; and in the latter case, to keep them
unsheathed, and prefer falling with them in their hands, to the
relinquishment thereof."
George Washington from his Last Will and Testament

Old December 3rd 13, 04:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, December 2, 2013 8:01:26 PM UTC-7, Dave Stallard wrote:

You are essentially right Dave. But the unfettered access to any kind of weapon up to that portable nuke is just crazy. What comes to my mind as a comparison would the the "yell fire in a crowded theatre" exception.

So reasonable people have to decide what was said originally as Horvath has provided from Jefferson and Washington and consider what kind of weapons were available at the time. Also to consider how that relates to today. IMO most guns in general would be subject to our RIGHT to own guns for responsible citizens. Explosives subject to permitting process for agricultural, construction and mining. But the WMD's you referenced just not. Just as a matter of common sense.

And given that this is RSA I expect this will descend into the nitpicking details and straw man argument. But you know what I mean.
Old December 3rd 13, 07:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:21:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:

I didn't twist the words,I quoted them, The rest is my perswonal opinion.

Your opinion is not the intent of our Founding Fathers. They clearly

intended that all free people be able to keep and bear arms.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

God bless America.

The intent of the founding fathers was that every white protestant property-owning male would possess a single-shot musket.
Old December 3rd 13, 10:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:21:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:

I didn't twist the words,I quoted them, The rest is my perswonal opinion.

Your opinion is not the intent of our Founding Fathers. They clearly

intended that all free people be able to keep and bear arms.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

God bless America.

The intent of the founding fathers was that every white
protestant property-owning male would possess a single-shot musket.

Yeah, I read that between the lines, too. NOT!

Nowhere does it mention white protestants or single-shot muskets.

Old December 3rd 13, 10:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

And not to belabor the point, but the Second Amendment

starts with the words "A well regulated Militia...". In my

personal opinion, someone who has not participated in at least

some level of "militia" training by, say, his 25th birthday

(even something as innocuous as an NRA firearms safety

course) should have his 2A right revoked.

Incorrect. The Second Amendment does NOT say that you have to belong

to a militia or have military training to bear arms. Do not twist the

words of our Founding Fathers.

Says the asshole who is twisting the words of the FF's.

And since the word, "militia" is in there, it is obvious that our

Founding Fathers wanted citizens to own military style weapons i.e.

assault weapons. Therefore an assault weapons ban is

unconstitutional.

Holy ****. The FF could not even conceive of assault weapons.

That's quite doubtful. Multi-barrel guns were invented hundreds of
years earlier by a man called, "Leonardo Da Vinci." The Founding
Fathers were quite learned and no doubt heard of him.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old December 4th 13, 02:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

On Monday, December 2, 2013 10:21:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:

I didn't twist the words,I quoted them, The rest is my perswonal opinion.

Your opinion is not the intent of our Founding Fathers. They clearly

intended that all free people be able to keep and bear arms.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

God bless America.

The intent of the founding fathers was that every white

protestant property-owning male would possess a single-shot musket.

Yeah, I read that between the lines, too. NOT!

Nowhere does it mention white protestants or single-shot muskets.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

God bless America.

Everybody want to make up intent, so I will too.