Texas snow report

Old November 24th 13, 05:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Texas snow report

Most of Texas is currently under a winter storm warning, with significant icing occurring in north Texas, especially the Panhandle region. Across the state, significant snowfall accumulation is predicted in mountainous areas above 8500 elevation, with valley snow in northern regions and valley rain predicted south of the Caprock escarpment. Widespread flooding in low-lying areas is not expected.

Besides that, I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner and goodies for elderly folks in Travis and Bastrop county. Yummy-ness includes spiral sliced ham, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, pumpkin cheesecake, pecan pie, cherry pie, peach pie, tollhouse cookies, and gingerbread.

Although the weather is a little bit inclement this week, deliveries start today.

If you can, please do something nice for your neighbors. It'll come back to you tenfold.

Jim in Texas
Old November 24th 13, 09:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:05:59 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Good for you. I'm taking one of my buddies from the VFW grocery

shopping tomorrow. I'm buying him everything. He's a disabled black

guy. I've known him since grade school. Remember your veterans this

Thanksgiving. Some of us have sacrificed so much so that you can live

in freedom.

You're not one of them, you despicable valor stealing coward.
REMF reserve trying to sound like a ****ing hero. Puke.

Funny, coming from you.

Are you going to steal another turkey from the soup kitchen, again?

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old November 24th 13, 09:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/24/2013 12:11 PM, Dick G wrote:

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:49:20 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Most of Texas is currently under a winter storm warning, with
significant icing occurring in north Texas, especially the
Panhandle region. Across the state, significant snowfall
accumulation is predicted in mountainous areas above 8500
elevation, with valley snow in northern regions and valley rain
predicted south of the Caprock escarpment. Widespread flooding in
low-lying areas is not expected.

Apparently Mt. Charleston, near Las Vegas, got hammered. For once, a
good reason to visit LV.

Besides that, I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner and goodies for
elderly folks in Travis and Bastrop county. Yummy-ness includes
spiral sliced ham, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed
potatoes, giblet gravy, pumpkin cheesecake, pecan pie, cherry pie,
peach pie, tollhouse cookies, and gingerbread.

No cooking this year. I do want to buy a Costco pumpkin pie, though.

Although the weather is a little bit inclement this week,
deliveries start today.

If you can, please do something nice for your neighbors. It'll
come back to you tenfold.

Jim in Texas

Cold here, no snow on the ground yet

A giant turkey in the cookshack smoker

The horn blows at midnight.

--
Cheers, Bev
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o 0o0o0o0o0o0o0
Old November 24th 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:04:15 PM UTC-6, twobuddha wrote:

Yep. Strohm is trying to run for Congress again. A psychopath claiming to help others, gotta be a politician scam.

Scott, I have to ask -- is there something you find in your faith that justifies your persistent and incessant hatred and vitriol against everybody you meet?

Seriously.

What is it that compels you to be such a hate-filled, malevolent person?

Please tell us.