Whistler opened early today

Old November 16th 13, 09:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

Default Whistler opened early today

Just Whistler; and only the gondola, Red, Green, and Franz's chairs. From http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the...peration.aspx:

"Early season conditions will apply, especially off piste. Please obey mountain signage, ski and ride on open runs only and stay within the operational area marked by Temporary Boundary signage. Guests should be aware there will be rocks and other hazards below the snow surface"

Dave
Old November 17th 13, 01:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:03:02 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:
On Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:02:42 PM UTC-8, Dave Stallard wrote:

Just Whistler; and only the gondola, Red, Green, and Franz's chairs. From http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the...peration.aspx:

Kewl! Poseur Dave tries to sound like a local and calls the Emerald chair "green".

Hey, poseur? Did you ever ski Whistler back in the double chair days? Inquiring minds want to know! Because only old timers like me are allowed to make that mistake without sounding like a fraud trying to sound knowledgeable.

I've been skiing Whistler for 20 years, Saigon Schattie. I've gone 9 times. I've been injured there and carted off the hill in a ski patrol sled. I think I know my way around it.

Dave
Old November 18th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:55:38 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

I am so delighted you gave me a time frame to work with. BUSTED! Emerald chair was installed in 1990, 23 years ago.

Nope. Wikipedia says: "In 1990 Whistler began upgrading its aging fleet of fixed grip chairlifts with the addition of its first high-speed quad chairlift. The Green Chair Express, which replaced the two Green Chairs...".

Emerald itself didn't come until later: "In 1997, the Whistler Mountain Ski Corporation was also bought out by Intrawest. Like their expansion on Blackcomb, Intrawest immediately started a major build-out on Whistler. ... [T]he Green Chair Express and Redline lifts were removed and replaced with Doppelmayr high speed quad chair lifts, aptly named the Emerald Express and Big Red Express lifts."

I THOUGHT I remembered a time when it was called the Green chair. Which is a name I vastly prefer to "Emerald".

Anyway lots of people still call it the Green Chair - see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbisKfRx34U and http://vimeo.com/22167670. Red Chair/Green Chair - it just makes sense. Oops, according to you I should call it "Big Red", shouldn't I?

Btw, any comment on Whistler itself using the term "off-piste" in a sense unapproved of by you? Or did you miss that? Doesn't matter, you're afraid to leave the groomers anyway.

Wow. You're bragging about being injured? Sorta like war wounds,

Like those war wounds you suffered in VIETNAM, Saigon Schattie?

"Loser dies - I'm alive. Two bullet holes, but alive!"

Dave

Old November 19th 13, 02:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:49:39 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Wrong again. You just are trying to sound like a local. Hilarious.

You lied about when they put the Emerald chair in. You said it was in 1990, but that wasn't true.
Ergo, you lied.

It was still called the Green chair when I first got to Whistler.
Ergo, I told the truth. You lied.

You also lied about "off piste". Read what Whistler said "Early season conditions will apply, especially OFF PISTE".
Ergo, you lied again.

You also lied when you said "Loser dies - I'm alive". Coming from you, that statement doesn't even make sense.

Ergo, you are a pathological liar.

Dave
Old November 19th 13, 11:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Nobody cares.
Old November 19th 13, 06:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:09:58 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:49:20 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Nobody cares.

If you didn't care, idiot, you wouldn't post. Dumb****. Find another sick game to play, this one really is transparently goofy.

Unlike your last 10+ years here?
Old November 19th 13, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Nobody cares! Including me.
Old November 20th 13, 01:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:53:00 AM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Not according to the guy I called. Local. Not a poseur.

Who are you going to believe, Wikipedia, or your imaginary friend?

Wrong again. They changed the name, idiot.

To "Green Chair EXPRESS". They just added "Express" to the name. The Emerald chair only went in after Intrawest bought Whistler.
Ergo, you lied.

Clue time, Trunky - people call it the "Green Chair" because it's GREEN. An Emerald is GREEN. And they call Big Red the "Red Chair", because it's RED.

Anyway, who gives a **** if you rode a fixed-grip double over a bunny slope. That just meant that you were wasting your time.
Ergo, you are a loser.

Bull****. How pathetic. Still trying to justify acting all manly about skiing an inbounds intermediate bowl, eh, Diaper Dave?

Not manly. Just more than you can do.

You also lied when you said "Loser dies - I'm alive". Coming from you, that statement doesn't even make sense.

That's a lie. You know nothing about the facts and you just pulled that one out of your ass.

The facts are, there are no facts. Because it never happened.
Ergo, you lied.

You've built your life around remembering things that never happened.

Dave

PS Cluetime, Schattie - if you are an X, and you say "The X dies - I'm alive", it makes no sense.

Old November 20th 13, 12:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:53:56 AM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Ergo, you are full of ****. Wiki is wrong. I trust a guy who works for the mountain and has for 25 years more than I trust you, Gumby Dave.

Let us turn to contemporaneous sources, then. From the Whistler Pique, dateline Nov. 21, 1997:

"When Whistler Mountain begins operation next week skiers will be treated to two new lifts, the Emerald Express and Big Red Express. The Doppelmayr lifts replace the Green and Red chairs." (http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whi...nt?oid=2141086)

You LOSE, Schattie! YOU LOSE!!! You and your imaginary friend.

Dave

Old November 20th 13, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Nobody cares that you make such a big deal about something so insignificant. The fact is you **** your pants on a blue run.