We are the champions - again!

Old November 2nd 13, 12:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

Default We are the champions - again!

On Friday, November 1, 2013 8:16:22 PM UTC-4, pigo wrote:

And I'm not saying that one has to be a "student of the game" to enjoy baseball. But to one that is? The DH is an abomination.

Hey Bob, Big Papi has something to say to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoTnGa-Dckw
Old November 2nd 13, 12:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Friday, November 1, 2013 8:16:22 PM UTC-4, pigo wrote:

And I'm not saying that one has to be a "student of the game" to enjoy baseball. But to one that is? The DH is an abomination.

If you want to talk "abomination", the three-tier playoff system gets my vote. Just using the word "playoff" in a baseball context makes me want to puke.

Dave

Old November 2nd 13, 02:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, November 1, 2013 9:36:05 PM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

The teams that most impress me this year, were the Cardinals, the
Dodgers, the Pirates, the Rays, the Tigers and the Red Sox... I think
the Indians are one or two players away from being in the World Series
next year.

I've been a Dodger fan since they moved to LA. I even went to some games in the Coliseum. Football and bassaball are the "playoffs" that go on too long for me. But I haven't watched a pro football and any bassaball game for over 5 years. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

Dodgers could be a team to watch in the near future. I liked that the Pirates played well. St. Louis is the NL powerhouse lately. It was an interesting season.

Old November 3rd 13, 07:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On 2013-11-02 00:16:22 +0000, pigo said:

On Friday, November 1, 2013 9:50:01 AM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

The difference is mainly stats, Most NL pitchers have a lower ERA, more

innings pitch and a lower WHIP, because they face an easier out facing

another pitcher at the plate rather than a designated hitter.

You are obviously only a casual fan. That's fine. But the decisions

involved are far reaching and involve the entire line-up.

And I'm not saying that one has to be a "student of the game" to enjoy

baseball. But to one that is? The DH is an abomination.

I see it as no big deal. What the DH influences in the American League

is the emphasis on strike out pitchers, like how the Detroit Tigers

starting line up was tailored.

What I see as bigger influences on the game, are ballpark factors,

whether it is aimed at being Pitchers' Parks or Bandboxes, (Petco

Field, AT&T park, Safeco Field vs. Riverfront Stadium, Citizen Bank

Ballpark, Yankee Stadium)

Semi OBski: Altitude places like Coors Field is just a graveyard for

pitchers, Heavy Marine air like Petco and Safeco at night are home

field advantages..

I spoke to Randy Jones once when he was signing autographs for kids at Qualcomm Stadium. I asked him if he thought his sinker would have worked in Colorado. He said he wasn't sure, but his spitter still would have been good.

Old November 3rd 13, 07:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Friday, November 1, 2013 11:29:49 PM UTC-4, twobuddha wrote:

Personally, I think wearing adult diapers is an abomination.

Maybe that's why you're so angry all the time.

Dave