We are the champions - again!

Old November 1st 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

Default We are the champions - again!

Really, it's becoming old hat.
Old November 1st 13, 12:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:57:02 PM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:
Really, it's becoming old hat.

Too bad that they play affirmative action baseball.
Old November 1st 13, 01:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Friday, November 1, 2013 9:32:04 AM UTC-4, pigo wrote:

Too bad that they play affirmative action baseball.

WTF? How is it "affirmative action" baseball?

Dave
Old November 1st 13, 01:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Dave Stallard wrote:
On Friday, November 1, 2013 9:32:04 AM UTC-4, pigo wrote:

Too bad that they play affirmative action baseball.

WTF? How is it "affirmative action" baseball?

Dave

He is cheese and cracker NUTS.

My 8 year old has been enjoying the win.

Nice to see the win at home, but why do you have to over turn cars to
celebrate?
Old November 1st 13, 02:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, November 1, 2013 8:06:41 AM UTC-6, Dave Stallard wrote:

WTF? How is it "affirmative action" baseball?

The pitcher and his batting is an important part of baseball. Taking that out of the game is equivalent to.......well..........snoboarding.

I've heard that there are talks ongoing and that the American League may get back to _Baseball_ in the not too distant future.

Old November 1st 13, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, November 1, 2013 8:20:59 AM UTC-6, downhill wrote:

He is cheese and cracker NUTS.

Says the guy that makes *my* grammar
look good.
My 8 year old has been enjoying the win.

How nice for him. Some of us live in adult worlds.

Nice to see the win at home, but why do you have to over turn cars to
celebrate?

Nice for them. How about bigger baskets for those that play against Kobe? Bigger holes (no link to trunky) for those that play against Tiger? Wouldn't be the same would it?

Old November 1st 13, 02:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

pigo wrote:

He is cheese and cracker NUTS.

Says the guy that makes*my* grammar
look good.

You can try and deflect the issue by pointing to my grammar but the
point still holds true you are nuts.

& it good fortune for the rest of the world that you are not involved
with raising children!
Old November 1st 13, 10:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:57:02 PM UTC-7, Dave Stallard wrote:
Really, it's becoming old hat.

I celebrated by watching candlestick bowling videos on youtube.

Part 1 (of 5) of Paul Berger's legendary 500 triple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEIsJbQUyuA
Old November 1st 13, 11:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Fine with me. Better than thinking a childs POV is worth a ****. That's how we got bho.

Old November 1st 13, 11:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, November 1, 2013 9:50:01 AM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

The difference is mainly stats, Most NL pitchers have a lower ERA, more
innings pitch and a lower WHIP, because they face an easier out facing
another pitcher at the plate rather than a designated hitter.

You are obviously only a casual fan. That's fine. But the decisions involved are far reaching and involve the entire line-up.

And I'm not saying that one has to be a "student of the game" to enjoy baseball. But to one that is? The DH is an abomination.