Taos?

Old October 4th 13, 12:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Taos?

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:27:51 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

I had lunch on mountain at TSV yesterday. The skiing sucked, so I didn't bother to boot up. Lunch
today at Pajarito. Same conditions.

BTW, do you molest children? All three of the sick, disgusting freaks who are playing nice have falsely
accused ME of doing so. Do YOU want to be falsely accused of vile crimes?

Liar.

See http://www.skitaos.org/weather

Calling you on THIS latest lie of yours is no false accusation, Trunk. There's no snow on the ground at Taos, and all the guest accommodations are closed.

So unless you stole a ham out of a dumpster in Ranchos de Taos, there was nothing for you to eat at TSV. I'd guess the same at Pajarito.

How does THIS sound -- you post a picture of yourself in front of a recognizable sign or other landmark in New Mexico, holding a copy of today's New York Times? Your posting host of 65.100.24.210 looks like a spoof to me.
Old October 4th 13, 01:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:24:14 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:10:52 PM UTC-6, Toller wrote:

If you don't gamble Moab might be a good idea. It's just so warm in LV or Mesquite. Moab get's warm early too. But you drop a level to St. George = warmer. Then you drop another level to Mesquite = warmer. From Moab 5 hours to SLC. Arches and Canyonlands NP's right there. Deadhorse Point SP is the best view of Canyonlands. Lot's of stuff in the area. Bryce is a few hours away too. There's a ton with a couple of hours.

And Telluride is only about three hours away from Moab. A great place to visit even if you don't ski.
Old October 4th 13, 07:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Friday, October 4, 2013 8:22:30 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2013 4:27:51 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

I had lunch on mountain at TSV yesterday. The skiing sucked, so I didn't bother to boot up. Lunch

today at Pajarito. Same conditions.

BTW, do you molest children? All three of the sick, disgusting freaks who are playing nice have falsely

accused ME of doing so. Do YOU want to be falsely accused of vile crimes?

Liar.

See http://www.skitaos.org/weather

Calling you on THIS latest lie of yours is no false accusation, Trunk. There's no snow on the ground at Taos, and all the guest accommodations are closed.

Indeed. Check out the Chair 4 webcam: http://skitaos.org/webcamimages/tsv7a.jpg from just moments ago. The skiing must have REALLY sucked, given that the whole mountain is just bare ground. Gives a whole new meaning to "rock" skis, LOL. Of course, given that it's only Oct 4, that's not surprising.

This guy just makes stuff up. He's not even paying attention to the external world anymore, even something as basic as the calendar.

So unless you stole a ham out of a dumpster in Ranchos de Taos, there was nothing for you to eat at TSV. I'd guess the same at Pajarito.

I wouldn't put that past him.

Dave
Old October 5th 13, 04:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:24:14 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:10:52 PM UTC-6, Toller wrote:

If you don't gamble Moab might be a good idea. It's just so warm in LV
or Mesquite. Moab get's warm early too. But you drop a level to St.
George = warmer. Then you drop another level to Mesquite = warmer. From
Moab 5 hours to SLC. Arches and Canyonlands NP's right there. Deadhorse
Point SP is the best view of Canyonlands. Lot's of stuff in the area.
Bryce is a few hours away too. There's a ton with a couple of hours.

And Telluride is only about three hours away from Moab. A great place to
visit even if you don't ski.

I agree. It is just really isolated, and some people don't like the box
canyon effect. The Four Corners area is a great place as a vacation
destination.
Old October 5th 13, 08:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Saturday, October 5, 2013 10:25:38 AM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:
wrote:

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:24:14 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:10:52 PM UTC-6, Toller wrote:

If you don't gamble Moab might be a good idea. It's just so warm in LV

or Mesquite. Moab get's warm early too. But you drop a level to St.

George = warmer. Then you drop another level to Mesquite = warmer. From

Moab 5 hours to SLC. Arches and Canyonlands NP's right there. Deadhorse

Point SP is the best view of Canyonlands. Lot's of stuff in the area.

Bryce is a few hours away too. There's a ton with a couple of hours.

And Telluride is only about three hours away from Moab. A great place to

visit even if you don't ski.

I agree. It is just really isolated, and some people don't like the box

canyon effect. The Four Corners area is a great place as a vacation

destination.

Yeah, and Mesa Verde is a really cool place.
Old October 6th 13, 01:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Saturday, October 5, 2013 2:59:25 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Yeah, and Mesa Verde is a really cool place.

Mexican Hat too.

If you decide to go that route, I was a tour guide in the area 80's and 90's. I can dig out some stuff and give you some stops. There is a motel on the edge of the canyon at Mexican Hat. Cool highway bridge right there. Pool and beer in the motel at night. GREAT place to do "nothing" with the wife.

Old October 10th 13, 09:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Toller[_3_]

Moab sounds like a good choice!
A bit cool, but okay for hiking.
I thought airfare would be a problem, but for some reason it is pretty reasonable.

So Telluride is 3 hours and SLC is 5 hours. I guess that is actually kind of equal, since we could fly out of SLC and not have to drive back after skiing.

For the "western ski experience" which will probably never be repeated, should I be looking at Telluride or someplace around SLC?

I really appreciate everyone's help. I was hoping to get through this without TwoBuddha, but you can't have everything.
Old October 10th 13, 10:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:09:03 PM UTC-6, Toller wrote:

Late for skiing. Can be great, can suck. Wait until day of and see how it goes. Can't beat Alta. Non skier wife will like Deer Valley. But Alta has good beginner and easy stuff.

Take the hike out to Delicate Arch and toodle around Arches NP. Negro Bill Canyon is a good hike to waterfall at end.

Do some mountain biking. Everything from pucker up to something trunky might consider mountain biking (walking a mountain bike on pavement). I've done some "drive you up, ride down" stuff that's been really fun.

Let me know how much info. you want. I've been in the area a lot as a nearby resident as well as national tour guide for international tourist.

Plenty of cozy motels in the area as well as the Holiday Inn Expresses.

You'll have a blast!

Old October 11th 13, 12:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:09:03 PM UTC-6, Toller wrote:
Moab sounds like a good choice!

A bit cool, but okay for hiking.

I thought airfare would be a problem, but for some reason it is pretty reasonable.

So Telluride is 3 hours and SLC is 5 hours. I guess that is actually kind of equal, since we could fly out of SLC and not have to drive back after skiing.

For the "western ski experience" which will probably never be repeated, should I be looking at Telluride or someplace around SLC?

I really appreciate everyone's help. I was hoping to get through this without TwoBuddha, but you can't have everything.

Telluride is a really cool town but could be hit or miss when it comes to late March skiing. SLC is probably a better option since you will be practically guaranteed that there will be some good snow somewhere. There are plenty of ski areas to choose from.

Stop at the Red Iguana for dinner when you're headed out to the airport.
Old October 11th 13, 12:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:43:21 PM UTC-4, comadrejo wrote:

+1. As much as I like Telluride, it can be expensive compare to Salt
Lake and Park City. The big draw to Telluride is its isolation and
uniqueness of the town and the ski area.

A lot of terrific restaurants too, at least when I was there.

Dave