Boston Ski Show

Old November 16th 13, 11:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Boston Ski Show

On Friday, November 15, 2013 10:48:55 AM UTC-8, The Real Bev wrote:

My mom made her own too. She was disgusted with the recent quality of

ham hocks and used bacon instead. She started with cheap "pork and

beans" and added molasses, brown sugar and onions along with the bacon

and cooked it in the crock pot.

I add a mix of maple syrup, mustard and paprika.

And I mean real maple syrup, removed from trees within sight of ski areas.
Old November 17th 13, 01:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:42:05 PM UTC-7, wrote:

That pre-cooked bacon is garbage. My mother or I would never use it.
If it's not worth cooking it correctly it not worth using it. For one
thing, it's not greasy enough. It's the bacon grease that makes
everything taste better.

In Holland I've grilled something that they call "spek". Kind of a cross cut pork chop, bacony, kind of thing. Not heavily smoked like "bacon". But comes out like something between bacon and a pork rind. The fat largely cooks off. The meat crisps up. And it's about the best thing you can eat. Unless you're trunky, it's not cock.
Old November 17th 13, 03:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 16:29:38 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Friday, November 15, 2013 10:48:55 AM UTC-8, The Real Bev wrote:

My mom made her own too. She was disgusted with the recent quality of

ham hocks and used bacon instead. She started with cheap "pork and

beans" and added molasses, brown sugar and onions along with the bacon

and cooked it in the crock pot.

I add a mix of maple syrup, mustard and paprika.

And I mean real maple syrup, removed from trees within sight of ski areas.

Growing up, we couldn't afford maple syrup. My mother only bought
corn syrup. I never tasted maple syrup until I was in the army. Today
I will never buy corn syrup. I only buy real maple syrup. I found
you can buy all natural real maple syrup for three bucks at Big Lots.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old November 17th 13, 04:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:20:25 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

My grandma was a fine cook who was not above doing things the easy way
when there was no difference in the result. While she killed, plucked
and dissected chickens, she much preferred buying them cut up in a
package. Her parents may have made their own bacon from their own hogs,
but she bought hers in packages.

BTW, the Hormel pre-cooked microwave bacon from Costco and Sam's is
pretty good, and you can have just a few slices in half a minute instead
of cooking it all because it doesn't take any more time than cooking a
few slices.. Not AS good as home-cooked, but the advantages balance out.

That pre-cooked bacon is garbage. There is only ONE place I get my
bacon from. In the Hungarian neighborhood of Toledo, right around the
corner from Tony Packo's is a Hungarian meat market. They make their
own bacon and it's the best you can find.
www.takacsgroceryandmeats.com

I am Iron Man. Trunky fears me.

boston ski show down_hill Alpine Skiing 52 November 5th 11 01:41 PM
Ski rentals in Boston? [email protected] Alpine Skiing 2 October 31st 06 11:11 PM
Boston Rob Snowboarding 6 October 9th 06 02:48 AM
Boston Ski shop? Greg Hilton Alpine Skiing (moderated) 2 March 15th 05 08:24 PM
Snowing in Boston Dave Stallard Alpine Skiing 5 November 12th 04 11:55 PM