up to date din chart?

Old November 26th 03, 02:14 AM
F. Plant

Default up to date din chart?

Looking for a link for a din chart.
TIA
F.plant

Old November 26th 03, 02:35 AM
F. Plant

"F. Plant" wrote in message
news
Looking for a link for a din chart.

Found this but says it may be outdated...
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/din.html

Trying to see what binding I should be looking for, for a slole length of
198mm and 23lbs. Anybody make a binding that goes below .75 so I'm not at
the bottom of the setting?

F.Plant

Old November 26th 03, 03:35 PM
Walt

"F. Plant" wrote:
"F. Plant" wrote in
Looking for a link for a din chart.

Found this but says it may be outdated...
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/din.html

The new charts are somewhat "simplified", but give basically the same
result. For your purposes (i.e. figuring out what the approximate
setting is so that you can shop for bindings with the target DIN in the
middle of te range) Terry's chart should be fine. Have them installed
and tested by a professional, yada yada yada.

Trying to see what binding I should be looking for, for a slole length of
198mm and 23lbs. Anybody make a binding that goes below .75 so I'm not at
the bottom of the setting?

Duct tape?

--
//-Walt
//

Old November 26th 03, 04:35 PM
lal_truckee

F. Plant wrote:

"F. Plant" wrote in message
news
Looking for a link for a din chart.

Found this but says it may be outdated...

It's a standard definition; so the numbers don't outdate. The
methodology of setting the binding might change as bindings evolve. For
your purposes it provides accurate info.

http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/din.html

Trying to see what binding I should be looking for, for a slole length of
198mm and 23lbs. Anybody make a binding that goes below .75 so I'm

not at
the bottom of the setting?

Isn't it a pain getting a wee tyke started - nobody in America seems to
believe kids can begin skiing as soon as they can stand up, so suitable
equipment is nearly impossible to find. If you had access to European
shops, maybe through the net, I imagine you could do better; but I think
as a practical matter, you'll have to accept the .75 DIN and just get
the tiniest bindings you can find. My old rigs are nailed to the cabin
wall as decor, so I can't offer them to you.

The saving grace is, my kids had "release boots" so the binding never
had anything to do. They're malleable feet would come right out of the
boots, no matter how snug I buckled them, whenever a release was called
for. Maybe yours will have the same difficult/advantage. Except then
they can kick right out of their boots while riding the lift. Skiing
back to the boot/ski combo carrying a squirming two year old makes for a
fun day.

It's all worth it, BTW - in case you were wondering.

Old November 26th 03, 04:35 PM
F. Plant

"Walt" wrote in message
"F. Plant" wrote:
"F. Plant" wrote in
Looking for a link for a din chart.

Found this but says it may be outdated...
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/din.html

The new charts are somewhat "simplified", but give basically the same
result. For your purposes (i.e. figuring out what the approximate
setting is so that you can shop for bindings with the target DIN in the
middle of te range) Terry's chart should be fine. Have them installed
and tested by a professional, yada yada yada.

Trying to see what binding I should be looking for, for a slole length

of
198mm and 23lbs. Anybody make a binding that goes below .75 so I'm not

at
the bottom of the setting?

Duct tape?

Think I'm probably looking at velcro -and not very much at that )
Seriously though, it would be nice to have a bit of leeway. At least the
boots soles are on the short side, effectivly raising the din factor, but
the kids shells are so soft that I can't help thinking they wo'nt release as
effectivly as they should under real conditions. For that reason I'm
coughing up for new bindings, I just have to find the best one for release
at this extreme.

F.Plant

Old November 26th 03, 07:57 PM
F. Plant

"lal_truckee" wrote in message

snip

[...]

Looks like .75 is the bottom, so I'll be loking for a good toe piece.
Probably go marker (pincer and sliding afd) or tyrolia (roller toe wings and
diag release). Now have to check to find out which is easiest to open for a
kiddie.

Think it will be a good experience. The tot is looking forward to it -the
day we got boots it was "go winter now" and they were taking the boots on
and off themselves.

F.Plant

Old November 26th 03, 10:06 PM
Kneale Brownson

"F. Plant" wrote in message ...
"F. Plant" wrote in message
news
Looking for a link for a din chart.

Found this but says it may be outdated...
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/din.html

Trying to see what binding I should be looking for, for a slole length of
198mm and 23lbs. Anybody make a binding that goes below .75 so I'm not at
the bottom of the setting?

F.Plant

Is this for a 23-pound kid? I wouldn't want to be the one explaining
to such a little child why his/her leg fractured. Take the binding to
a shop that has the testing equipment to set the binding properly.