OT - Stupid laws

Old January 9th 05, 08:40 PM
Sue

Default OT - Stupid laws

Before we agree to add a law making it illegal for boarders to heelslide
on natural snow less than a week old, does anyone know if these are
true?

According to Mississippi law, it's illegal to share a salad with a
clergyman at a restaurant.
Under the Arizona State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor to show a
frown in public.
Under the Florida State Constitution, it's a crime to detonate a
nuclear device without permission.
According to Maine law, it's unlawful to wear hot pink pants before dawn.
It's prohibited in Black Gum, Hawaii to swat a fly while riding in an
elevator.
It's a Class B felony to speak English in the presense of a clergyman
under the Oregon State Constitution.
It's unlawful to use a digital camera without first reading the manual
in Dawson County, New Mexico.

It's prohibited in Yellow Ash, Maine to scare a sleeping horse except
on Sunday.
In Beape, Wyoming, it's a misdemeanor to ice skate on an outdoor pond
during the summer.
It's against the law in White Mountain, New Mexico to build a snowman
taller than 98 inches.

In Virginia, it's illegal to keep more than 10 inoperable vehicles in
front of a house.
It's unlawful in Batee City, California for a minor to use a comb as a
weapon with no exceptions.
It's punishable by a $7,000 fine to hold a cardboard box within your
mouth according to Washington law.
Under the California State Constitution, it's illegal to insult an
elected official on July 4th.
Under the North Dakota State Constitution, it's illegal to use any
elephant as part of a religious ceremony.

It's a Class B felony to write a book about "stupid laws" in Tennessee.
According to Kansas law, it's prohibited to allow a dog to eat a
child's homework.
In Alaska, it's against the law to curse within 310 feet of a public school.
It's a misdemeanor to urinate within plain view of a school teacher in
South Carolina.
In Wallsfield, West Virginia, it's a Class A felony to urinate within
plain view of a elected official.
In Sheliaboro County, New York, it's unlawful to post election
signs for a Democratic candidate unless a city alderman is present.
It's a felony to eat peanuts while in a swimming pool according to
Colorado law.
According to Maryland law, it's forbidden to give alcohol to any
chicken on a bridge at night.
It's forbidden in White Dogwood, Indiana to use the word "monmomrow" in
a perjorative way.

--
Sue ]
Old January 9th 05, 11:55 PM
Jesus Saves!

"Sue" wrote in message
Before we agree to add a law making it illegal for boarders to heelslide
on natural snow less than a week old, does anyone know if these are true?

Did you try Google? I can tell you there is no "Black Gum, HI" just off the
top of my head. If there is, it's got to be so small that elevators would
not be an issue.

Old January 10th 05, 05:04 PM
SkiFastBadly

"Sue" wrote in message
Before we agree to add a law making it illegal for boarders to heelslide
on natural snow less than a week old, does anyone know if these are true?

In Utah, a bar in a restaurant cannot serve mixed drinks over the bar if the
customer can see the drink being mixed. The bar must either provide a place
out of sight of the customer to mix the drink, or else the bartender has to
walk around to the customer's side of the bar and hand him the drink.

Old January 10th 05, 05:10 PM
Black Metal Martha

SkiFastBadly wrote:
"Sue" wrote in message
Before we agree to add a law making it illegal for boarders to

heelslide
on natural snow less than a week old, does anyone know if these are

true?

In Utah, a bar in a restaurant cannot serve mixed drinks over the bar

if the
customer can see the drink being mixed. The bar must either provide

a place
out of sight of the customer to mix the drink, or else the bartender

has to
walk around to the customer's side of the bar and hand him the drink.

Boy, that goes against every bartender rule. Any place else, bartenders
are taught to make the drink where the customer can see it being made.
Martha

Old January 10th 05, 06:04 PM
SkiFastBadly

"Black Metal Martha" wrote in message
ups.com...

SkiFastBadly wrote:
"Sue" wrote in message
Before we agree to add a law making it illegal for boarders to

heelslide
on natural snow less than a week old, does anyone know if these are

true?

In Utah, a bar in a restaurant cannot serve mixed drinks over the bar

if the
customer can see the drink being mixed. The bar must either provide

a place
out of sight of the customer to mix the drink, or else the bartender

has to
walk around to the customer's side of the bar and hand him the drink.

Boy, that goes against every bartender rule. Any place else, bartenders
are taught to make the drink where the customer can see it being made.
Martha

Yes, but any place else, the role of a bartender is to make the customer
happy he's buying a drink, whereas on Planet Utah, his/her role is to
discourage enjoying drinking.

Old January 10th 05, 06:56 PM
Sue White

In message
cGhhdHBoaWw=.3735cc56dd35b1a1b8d9abfc91c1f856@110 5377502.nulluser.com,
ClarenceDarrow writes
Sue wrote:

snip

Are we to surmise that things a little slow on the professional and
personal front?

D'you mean Scott's left you all lonely? Try auk.

--
Sue ]3(

At the last annual count, Britain had 544 breweries and rising.
Old January 10th 05, 11:29 PM
pigo

"Sue White" wrote in message

D'you mean Scott's left you all lonely? Try auk.

He might have to if you weren't here to take up the slack.

Old January 11th 05, 05:27 AM
Richard Henry

"SkiFastBadly" wrote in message

"Sue" wrote in message
Before we agree to add a law making it illegal for boarders to heelslide
on natural snow less than a week old, does anyone know if these are

true?

In Utah, a bar in a restaurant cannot serve mixed drinks over the bar if

the
customer can see the drink being mixed. The bar must either provide a

place
out of sight of the customer to mix the drink, or else the bartender has

walk around to the customer's side of the bar and hand him the drink.

I remember in the early days of Vermont skiing (before 1960) because of
Sunday blue laws, bars had to stop serving alcohol Saturday at midnight.

Also, a patron was not allowed to walk from the bar to a table, or from
table to table, carrying a drink. A waiter had to be called to provide that
service.

Needless to say, the laws have changed.

Old January 15th 05, 06:45 PM
Sue White

In message , pigo
writes

"Sue White" wrote in message

D'you mean Scott's left you all lonely? Try auk.

He might have to if you weren't here to take up the slack.

I'm afraid he's being unrealistic. I can only spare him a short "go
away" now and then. Swearwords cost extra.