Shameless plug for Mt. Bohemia season pass sale

Old November 30th 05, 08:59 PM

Default Shameless plug for Mt. Bohemia season pass sale

Just a reminder for midwesterners; Saturday is the one-day $99 sale
for passes to Mt. Bohemia. Helps take the sting out of the long drive
to get there (plus you can add a pass for Porkies for $25 more).

http://www.mtbohemia.com/special.htm

b"operators are standing by"w
Old November 30th 05, 09:10 PM

It would help if you would telll us what midwestern state it is in!!!!

Old November 30th 05, 09:14 PM

bdubya wrote:

Just a reminder for midwesterners; Saturday is the one-day $99 sale
for passes to Mt. Bohemia. Helps take the sting out of the long drive
to get there (plus you can add a pass for Porkies for $25 more).

http://www.mtbohemia.com/special.htm

That's a pretty good deal. If it wasn't so darn far away I'd buy it for
the Porkies pass alone. But everybody thinks I'm crazy already for
having a season pass at a hill that's over 700 miles rt to get to -
buying another one for hills that are ~ 1200 miles rt might just provide
enough evidence for my wife to have me certified.

//Walt
//
// And if you've priced Depakote recently you know that's
// not really a bargain
Old November 30th 05, 09:15 PM

It would help if you would telll us what midwestern state it is in!!!!

If you have to ask, it's too far.

//Walt
Old November 30th 05, 09:41 PM

On 30 Nov 2005 13:10:06 -0800, wrote:

It would help if you would telll us what midwestern state it is in!!!!

Michigan, barely (N47d23', W88d1'). Here's a couple of maps:

http://www.mtbohemia.com/driving.html

I got a marketing package from them in the mail this week, including
the latest update of their low-budget (possibly done by local college
students?) It's got a lot of recycled skiing footage, but new this
year is an introductory bit where a snowplowing beginner (beginners
aren't allowed) is given a savage beating and has his skis stolen. By
the patrol. Funny stuff.

bw
Old November 30th 05, 10:07 PM

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:26:47 -0500, Walt
wrote:

Walt wrote:
wrote:

It would help if you would telll us what midwestern state it is in!!!!

If you have to ask, it's too far.

I take that back. It's only seven hours from Chicago. Practicaly a day
trip. For 125 bucks, I can't see justifying *not* buying it.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V35225F3C

Closer to 9 hours, actually; eight if you've got a good radar
detector and a little luck. Still worth the drive, IMHO.

bw
Old December 1st 05, 03:18 PM

Walt wrote:
bdubya wrote:

Just a reminder for midwesterners; Saturday is the one-day $99 sale
for passes to Mt. Bohemia. Helps take the sting out of the long drive
to get there (plus you can add a pass for Porkies for $25 more).

http://www.mtbohemia.com/special.htm

That's a pretty good deal. If it wasn't so darn far away I'd buy it for
the Porkies pass alone. But everybody thinks I'm crazy already for
having a season pass at a hill that's over 700 miles rt to get to -
buying another one for hills that are ~ 1200 miles rt might just provide
enough evidence for my wife to have me certified.

//Walt
//
// And if you've priced Depakote recently you know that's
// not really a bargain

Am I reading that trail map right. They have two lifts? And I thought
our little Blue Mountain was bad.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"
Old December 1st 05, 03:39 PM

Chuck wrote:
Walt wrote:
bdubya wrote:

Just a reminder for midwesterners; Saturday is the one-day $99 sale
for passes to Mt. Bohemia. Helps take the sting out of the long drive
to get there (plus you can add a pass for Porkies for $25 more).

http://www.mtbohemia.com/special.htm

Am I reading that trail map right. They have two lifts? And I thought
our little Blue Mountain was bad.

When the crowds are slim, you don't need many lifts. Two lifts would be
plenty at Blue Mt. if it wasn't so close to Philly. And Bohemia isn't
close to anything.

Of course, others here will tell you that the best skiing is where there
are no lifts at all.

//Walt
Old December 1st 05, 04:24 PM

Yup, two lifts and a shuttle van that'll drive you back to one of 'em
if you end your run in the middle. Works out quite well I'd say.

Silverton only has one lift....it doesn't compare to Blue Mountain at
all.

Chris