MPEG Races - A possible solution! Need your help!

Old November 2nd 05, 08:43 PM
Brian and Denise Pauley

Default MPEG Races - A possible solution! Need your help!

Hi Everybody,

I was looking at what Mediazone.com had to offer for recent online sports
events. They are the ones who carried the Giro d'Italia last spring via
live video feed. They also do World Cup Soccer, Eurovision, Mountain Biking
Championships, etc. I contacted them to see if they plan to do carry and
european XC skiing or World Cup Biathlon.

Sean Sweeney wrote me back wondering how much support is out there should
his company decide to offer these races. They usually charge a fee, like
$5-7 or so, for an event. I told him that I didn't have numbers, but asked
him if I could post his contact information so that you all could contact
him so that he could get an idea as to the North American demand for these
races. He said he's been looking into new winter sports to cover, but needs
to know if there are enough people interested.

So the check out the website at www.mediazone.com . And write Sean Sweeley
at and let him know how much you desire them to cover
xc skiing and biathlon. We'll see if it works.

Brian

P.S. Here's the letter he wrote back to me:

Brian,
Please, go ahead and post my email address:

And let them know we're trying to assess the need. We're
already in discussions with MediaPartners Italia for FIS Nordic events as
well as discussions with USSA about marketing opportunities if we get these
rights. It's all just discussions right now and the fees being asked must
be justified with a paying audience.

Thanks.

Sean Sweeney

Business Development

MediaZone

o: 650-292-0743

m: 650-346-4824

Old November 7th 05, 03:48 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Brian,
Sounds like a great idea. Would we be able to download these to our hard drive or only watch them via streaming video. I would be hapy to pay $5-7 per race as long as I could download a hard copy so I could go back and watch it multiple times.
Cheers,
Adam Doogan-Smith
Old November 7th 05, 06:51 PM
don martin

I am surprised there are more replies to this message. I sent an email
to mediazone and hope everyone else is doing the same!

Old November 7th 05, 06:53 PM

yeah, if it's professionally done and if it's at least "an hour of
action" I would pay for a race or two, the important ones.
But I think it would work better to charge a subscription fee, like,
$50 a season, and give people unlimited access.

Old November 7th 05, 08:21 PM
jgs

I found the media zone site a little confusing.
How much do they charge? Prices were all over the board and it was not
clear what you get.
I would pay about $20 for the season.

/john

Old November 7th 05, 11:25 PM
Brian and Denise Pauley

Hi everyone,

Hopefully more of you are writing Mediazone than are responding to this
group. I don't know the details of the costs, but send Sean at Mediazone
your thoughts and suggestions . He's likely not
reading this newsgroup, so writing him is the only way to let him know.

Thanks,

Brian