A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

Why no world cup ski events in the tahoe area

Old January 3rd 10, 07:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Humsquirto

Default Why no world cup ski events in the tahoe area

Can someone who is in the know please explain why all of the big ski
events (world cup, I assume) that are held in the US are never in the
tahoe area? Seems like they are primarily held in the east. Perhaps
the proximity to Europe?

Old January 4th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Mike Treseler[_2_]

Humsquirto wrote:
Can someone who is in the know please explain why all of the big ski
events (world cup, I assume) that are held in the US are never in the
tahoe area?

Perhaps proximity to airports, l