FYI: ProSki rollerskis auction... question?

Old March 27th 04, 04:28 AM
Jeff Potter

Default FYI: ProSki rollerskis auction... question?

Has anyone noticed this auction? Has anyone asked the lady about the
skis?

See the glitch? The description model name and specs describe the ProSki
*classic* rollerskis, but the description text says "skating."

I emailed her and she said they were skating skis. She said she had
other stuff for sale, too. I said I was interested in general and also
asked her to doublecheck the auction skis. Never heard back.

Her name is Lisa Erikson and I guess is retiring. Does anyone know who
she is? I see there's racers in Anchorage and Montana by that name, with
the older one in Anchorage. I prefer to buy from a friend of a
friend---especially for someone with only 3 sales on eBay.

Maybe she's just out of town.

I need some classic rollerskis!

Does anyone know more or what's up?

Thanks.

--

Jeff Potter
****

... offering Vordenberg's XC ski tales in "Momentum"! ...
... "The Recumbent Bicycle": the only book about these bikes! ...
... Rudloe's "Potluck": true-life story of workingclass smuggling! ...

... with radical novels coming up via LiteraryRevolution.com! ...
... music! ... articles! ... travel forums! ... WOW! 800-763-6923

Old March 27th 04, 04:36 AM
Jeff Potter

PS: OK, I just checked the PHOTOS. That's where the rubber hits the road. They
are skaters. She just looked at the wrong stats to type in. Sorry for the fuss.
I'll just wait to see if she ever replies to my email about her other stuff.

--

Jeff Potter
****
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com
publisher of do-it-yourself culture ... bikes, skis, boats & more! ...
... with radically relevant novels from the ULA & LiteraryRevolution.com! ...

... free music! ... tons o' articles! ... travel forums! ... WOW!
800-763-6923

Old March 27th 04, 06:31 AM
Chris Cline

Hi Jeff-
I'm familiar w/ these roller skis because I used to
have a pair a couple of years ago. They are skating
skis, not classic. The wheels are urethane and
relatively narrow- sort of like inline skate wheels
but bigger. There is no ratchet on them (unless they
have been customized somehow). I thought they were a
really nice ski-- very "snow-like" feel-- just not
very appropriate for how generally crummy our roads
are in Utah (chip-seal, frost damage, low budgets,
etc.)

Chris C.
SLC

--- Jeff Potter

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

Old March 27th 04, 02:11 PM
Serge

Wheel width 50mm... You'll never find replacement.
Wheel size 67mm... good for 5 training sessions if they are new.
$375 new without bindings??
This is a fraud.
Old March 27th 04, 09:06 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Those are skates, but 50 mm seems awfully wide for both urethane and
skating wheels. She must have the wrong numbers. In any case, I think
most people would do best with rubber wheels to simulate something
reasonably close to (fast) ski conditions.

Gene

Old March 27th 04, 09:18 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Actually, the C2 is a classical ski with the specs mentioned. I think
she's got looks more like the R2 roadskater.

Old March 29th 04, 12:59 PM
ML

Serge:

I don't know about the price but the wheels on ProSKis are very durable.
I have a pair that I've used for a few years now that still have lots
of life left in them. It's a good ski. It's only downside (to me
anyway) is that it's faster than what I prefer.

MOO,
Matt