ErNordic WaxBook - is it real? :(

Old February 9th 05, 03:11 PM
alexmal

Default ErNordic WaxBook - is it real? :(

Most of data there seems strange to me

E.g.

-I see VR30 too many times there. Haha... even for near freezing point
http://www.ernordic.com/24FNormal.htm

-is vr30 so good that it's in Normal-High hmd so often recomended?
More often than any other VR! 8 times oftener than not bad vr45 and
vr50!

-kr70 for new snow but kr60 for old snow at the same temp
(http://www.ernordic.com/32FMoist.htm)
vr70 for new snow but vr60 for old snow
Note: old snow requires more grip

-mixing of glide waxes is the main point of Toko philosophy
but i see no Toko mixes suggested (Ylw-Red, Red-Blu etc)

etc etc

Yes, it's just suggestions. Real conditions could be very different. U
should always try but...
Some of the advices sounds at least not logical

what do U think?
Old February 10th 05, 02:28 PM
Bruce Freeburger

Alex,
I dug out my old ER Nodric wax book (and old Swix books). I remember
some personal confusion when a newer Wax Book came out 5th edition vs
6th edition. I think the old Swix High Flouro waxes were called VF and
sold for $30 (maybe it was XF). More important, the cold wax in the line
was (I think) VF20. In the new $15 VR series, the cold wax is VR30.
From the 5th to 6th edition, ER Nordic seems to simply change VR40
whereever VF30 was printed. Sentences are otherwise identical. Now VR40
(same range as Blue Extra)is a very good kick wax, and I am sure they
have lots of experiance skiing with it, but the wax book does not give
any clue that ER Nordic retested the new VR40.
I also think sloppy editing changed old listings for VF30 to VR30.
The reality is that VR40 is the same range as VF30. You mean they still
have not corrected this (suspected) typo made back in the Sixth Edition
(3 years ago)???

That is just one example. I have not bothered to buy any newer
editions from ER Nordic.

Cheers,
Bruce Freeburger

before replying, please get rid of SNOWMOBILES and UNLEASHEDDOGS