Has anyone tried custom insoles from surefoot?

Old February 11th 05, 12:38 AM
jtorr

Default Has anyone tried custom insoles from surefoot?

Hi All,

Was thinking about going into a surefoot store and going for the custom
made insoles. They seem to have lots of experience with downhillers,
but not sure about nordic.

Anyone have experience with them?

thanks

Old February 11th 05, 01:50 AM

Our local ski shop does the superfeet system. I had several pairs made
for me, and think they are great. I think they allow me to ride a very
flat ski comfortably.

For superfeet, there are two styles, the soft set that is basically fit
exactly to the bottom of your foot with a fancy vaccum bag and heated
insole. These are really nice, fit perfectly, and seem appropriate for
any kind of boot or shoe. The tech does not need any real experience
with nordic skiing, they just need to know how to operate the
equipment.

The other style which has a very stiff plastic footbed are supposed to
be better for cycling shoes and stiff boots (like skating boots). The
idea is good, but the stiff plastic does not melt and form nearly as
well, and they are not so comfortable or well shaped.

I suggest getting the soft style for all applications. Well worth the
$90 or so that they cost. Mine have lasted several seasons of hiking,
skiing and running already, with no obvious wear.

mark

Old February 12th 05, 12:27 PM
Daniel Vargo

Surefoot is an expensive option, but if you are having problems with
your feet, they are the best. The customer service is first rate and
they do have experience with XC boots (depending on the Surefoot shop).
They make different types of insoles depending on the use and for XC
you would definitely want to go with a softer flexing insole. Comparing
Surefoot with Superfeet (the corkvac system), Superfeet is less
expensive and the fitting is easier, but I don't think the overall
product is as durable. I had Superfeet in my Telemark boots and they
lasted about 2 seasons before the cork started falling apart. Have
changed to Surefoot, with insoles going strong at 3 years. I have no
connection to either product, just experience with both.

Dan Vargo
SLC, Utah

In article . com,
jtorr wrote:

Hi All,

Was thinking about going into a surefoot store and going for the custom
made insoles. They seem to have lots of experience with downhillers,
but not sure about nordic.

Anyone have experience with them?

thanks

Help - I can't feel my toes! Jay Levitt Alpine Skiing 20 January 23rd 05 11:17 PM
Burton Custom too much for a newbie? Mark Andrews Snowboarding 16 December 3rd 04 03:10 AM
custom vs custom X copek Snowboarding 0 April 29th 04 01:23 PM
Custom Made Nordic Ski Boots??? Chase66 Nordic Skiing 1 December 29th 03 11:27 PM
Custom Boot Liners Burt Hwang Alpine Skiing 1 November 24th 03 05:52 PM