Swix Universal Gliders & Klister

Old February 11th 05, 02:36 PM
Jack Riley

Default Swix Universal Gliders & Klister

Hi everyone,

[These questions apply to sport/recreational/fast-training situations,
not racing]

Curious to get some feedback on swix's 'universal' gliders. I
generally ski on the CH waxes, but I use the universal 'warm' glider
(U20, I think) for travel wax and base cleaning. I also use the F4
(hard wax, ironed in) when I'm prepping skis for a trip a few days down
the road and don't know what the conditions will be. I'm curious what
other people think of these waxes. And does any have the recommended
iron tempertures for them?

As for Klister, I am wondering if it is better to just have Universal
Klister (K22n) as opposed to the warm krystal klisters (KR60/Red and
KR70/yellow), or is there an advantage to these over the universal?
(Big storm here in NH yesterday, so no kister this weekend, but spring
will be here soon...)

Thanks,

Jack

Old February 11th 05, 03:25 PM
NordicSkiRacer

I can't talk about the gliders, but the Universal Klister is wonderful
stuff and belongs in everyone's wax box. I've used it in most
conditions with success. It's really great if you're out for a long ski
and conditions are changing (e.g., warming trend, cooling trend, in and
out of shadows vs. sun).

For conditions that are stable, I tend to use single-temperature range
klisters - I think they are just a little faster.

I've used the Toko HF Paste wax a few times - works very well.

Mike
http://www.NordicSkiRacer.com

Old February 11th 05, 06:05 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Those gliders are fine for everything but with fast training you'd
likely notice the difference. I wasn't aware that F4 came solid. For a
quick job, the F4 liquid or wax work well, as does the Toko HF rub on.
The limitation is endurance, which they don't have. You might take a
look at a few of the LF line, since they can be mixed and thus cross
temp ranges as a compromise.

Gene