Steamboat

Old September 30th 04, 05:37 AM

Default Steamboat

Planning a trip for early march and can get a better deal through the local
ski club to go to Steamboat (1st time) and was wondering how it compares to
other
resorts in that part of the country. We've been to a number of resorts in
the
area with Breckinridge and Telluride being favorites.
Wife likes the restaurants and town scene while I prefer the mtn, mainly
intermediate,
can't keep up the pace like I used too!
Thanks
Al

Old September 30th 04, 11:18 PM
Joel

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:37:25 GMT, wrote:

Planning a trip for early march and can get a better deal through the local
ski club to go to Steamboat (1st time) and was wondering how it compares to
other
resorts in that part of the country. We've been to a number of resorts in
the
area with Breckinridge and Telluride being favorites.
Wife likes the restaurants and town scene while I prefer the mtn, mainly
intermediate,
can't keep up the pace like I used too!
Thanks
Al

All the groomed slopes at SB are really intermediate (despite the
black on the map). Grab a grooming map everyday and you'll have a
great time.

The best part of SB is the trees in the days of and shortly after new
snow. If you're looking for long, open steeps, you won't find them
here.

I spent last winter there and shot thousands of pictures. See some of
them he
http://powderpics.com/winterAtSteamboat.htm

at http://www.TitanNews.com