What's happened to this group?

Old June 7th 04, 03:16 PM
AnyBody43

Default What's happened to this group?

The Real Bev wrote in message ...
Stig Arne Bye wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

Has it been shut down for too much flaming?

Dave

Don't think so, but may be due to some network problems (relaying/feed)
somewhere as I have discovered that there has been considerably fewer
messages than usual in other newsgroups I subscribe to.
As an example: In two other groups, where there usually is an average
of roughly about 100-125 messages per day, there has during the last
three days been a total of only about 75 messages in total.

There's some software somewhere that produces nifty stat reports about
newsgroups -- 30 top subjects, posters, top days/hours for posting,
etc. Anybody know what it is and if it works under *n*x?

Just downloaded something called turqstat... If I weren't so ****ed at
trying to get samba running I'd try to set it up :-(

There are extensive (IIRC) stats available from:
http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/
Old June 7th 04, 05:04 PM
The Real Bev

Stig Arne Bye wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

Has it been shut down for too much flaming?

Don't think so, but may be due to some network problems (relaying/feed)
somewhere as I have discovered that there has been considerably fewer
messages than usual in other newsgroups I subscribe to.
As an example: In two other groups, where there usually is an average
of roughly about 100-125 messages per day, there has during the last
three days been a total of only about 75 messages in total.

There's some software somewhere that produces nifty stat reports about
newsgroups -- 30 top subjects, posters, top days/hours for posting,
etc. Anybody know what it is and if it works under *n*x?

Just downloaded something called turqstat... If I weren't so ****ed at
trying to get samba running I'd try to set it up :-(

There are extensive (IIRC) stats available from:
http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/

Yeah, but they're at least a month old. Sometimes two. Samba not only
not running, the attempt hung my machine. Feh. Easier to just put a CD
burner in the goddam winmachine.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 7th 04, 08:18 PM
Scottabe

Default Mark B. Hoover deserves this freak

Hi Scott, You and Bert sure are generating a lot of traffic on mensbbs

Old June 7th 04, 11:03 PM
Terd Fartingmor

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:06:46 -0400, Dick Gozinya wrote
this crap:

By the way, its been almost 5 days since you last post, where have you been?

Jail. No doubt.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old June 7th 04, 11:11 PM
Dick Gozinya

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:03:24 -0400, Terd wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:06:46 -0400, Dick Gozinya wrote
this crap:

By the way, its been almost 5 days since you last post, where have you been?

Jail. No doubt.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

"S" prefers to call it "Hemorrhoidal" therapy
Old June 8th 04, 11:36 PM
bdubya

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:10:45 -0400, Dave Stallard
wrote:

Has it been shut down for too much flaming?

In my case, it's just plain too much heat; high 80s, and 100%
humidity. Plus the Pistons are still playing; reading about that is
taking up too much of my free time.

bw
Old June 11th 04, 03:19 AM
Walt

bdubya wrote:
, Dave Stallard wrote:

Has it been shut down for too much flaming?

In my case, it's just plain too much heat; high 80s, and 100%
humidity. Plus the Pistons are still playing; reading about that is
taking up too much of my free time.

Wow, you mean it's still basketball season? Next thing you know
they'll be playing hockey in Florida.

Anyway, to answer the question at hand, skiing is a seasonal sport and
many of us wander away from the group in the off-season. We'll be
back when the good weather returns.

Until then, I'll be busy sailing, kayaking, and windsurfing. You
might find me and some other regulars on the relevant "off-season"
newsgroups.

--
// Walt
//