Kicking Horse? Banff? we need a destination in mid. feb!...CHEAP

Old October 14th 04, 09:29 PM
Jeff

Default Kicking Horse? Banff? we need a destination in mid. feb!...CHEAP

I'm interested in heading to Kicking Horse in mid february...but myself
and the remainder of my group arae all broke university students that
will barely have enough to scrape by. Ideally, we want to find a shared
condo that could fit up to 6-8 people. I'd do Banff, as it seems
cheaper, but I would like to try something less tapped into...and I hear
kicking horse has some of the toughest terrain of the CDN west...true?
I've only done whistler/blackcomb in the rockies, and apart from the
lineups, ridiculous amount of people everywhere else, rainy weather when
I was there...it wasn't bad...but the terrain wasn't too too
difficult...i really want to test my limits here.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for a cheap way to stay in either Kicking
Horse, or somewhere similar (suggestions?) during mid Feb. of '05.
Hopefully an on mountain condo. but...CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP is my motto.
Email me @ fartecho at yahoo dot com or reply to the post if you've got
help for me.

Jeff
Old October 19th 04, 12:27 PM
Paul Healy

Try http://www.kickinghorsehostel.com/ at CAD 25.00 per night seems good
value.
The best interior BC resorts are Red Mountain, Fernie and Kicking Horse but
if you found Whistler terrain easy then you will
do the same at Kicking Horse. At KH there was only one gondola to the top
causing some lines at weekends but weekdays OK. CPR ridge was good.