An enjoyable evening

Old December 14th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default An enjoyable evening

was spent watching the 1990 movie Ski Patrol. Old school hot dog
skiing and some pretty cute stunts and a fair amount of what
we now call "extreme" skiing, though most was just coming down
the hill fast with props.

Cute, funny. I noted that Robbie Huntoon was one of the stunt
skiers. A hometown boy, I skied with his dad. I note that he
is now located in the Truckee area as a real estate agent.

His mom was a hospital technician who came to draw blood on
a regular basis when I was in the hospital in Rutland in 1967.

God, I'm getting old!
Old December 14th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:07:14 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

was spent watching the 1990 movie Ski Patrol. Old school hot dog
skiing and some pretty cute stunts and a fair amount of what
we now call "extreme" skiing, though most was just coming down
the hill fast with props.

Is that on Blu-ray DVD yet?

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 14th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/14/10 6:07 AM, VtSkier wrote:
was spent watching the 1990 movie Ski Patrol. Old school hot dog
skiing and some pretty cute stunts and a fair amount of what
we now call "extreme" skiing, though most was just coming down
the hill fast with props.

Must be the season -
I watched _"Hot Dog - The Movie_" on the free cable a couple of weeks
ago. Lots of T&A. Includes a Chinese Downhill for Snowbender to study.

The stunts and skiing included lots of skills the current hotshot skiers
thinks he and his just invented, and are only possible because of modern
equipment. Oh well.

I think "_Ski Patrol_" is on the free cable list also, I should watch it
just for comparison.
Old December 14th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/14/2010 11:42 AM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 12/14/10 6:07 AM, VtSkier wrote:
was spent watching the 1990 movie Ski Patrol. Old school hot dog
skiing and some pretty cute stunts and a fair amount of what
we now call "extreme" skiing, though most was just coming down
the hill fast with props.

Must be the season -
I watched _"Hot Dog - The Movie_" on the free cable a couple of weeks
ago. Lots of T&A. Includes a Chinese Downhill for Snowbender to study.

The stunts and skiing included lots of skills the current hotshot skiers
thinks he and his just invented, and are only possible because of modern
equipment. Oh well.

I think "_Ski Patrol_" is on the free cable list also, I should watch it
just for comparison.

Robbie was the stunt coordinator for the movie
"Ski School" which also came out around 1990.

Old December 14th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/14/10 10:56 AM, VtSkier wrote:
On 12/14/2010 11:42 AM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 12/14/10 6:07 AM, VtSkier wrote:
was spent watching the 1990 movie Ski Patrol. Old school hot dog
skiing and some pretty cute stunts and a fair amount of what
we now call "extreme" skiing, though most was just coming down
the hill fast with props.

Must be the season -
I watched _"Hot Dog - The Movie_" on the free cable a couple of weeks
ago. Lots of T&A. Includes a Chinese Downhill for Snowbender to study.

The stunts and skiing included lots of skills the current hotshot skiers
thinks he and his just invented, and are only possible because of modern
equipment. Oh well.

I think "_Ski Patrol_" is on the free cable list also, I should watch it
just for comparison.

Robbie was the stunt coordinator for the movie
"Ski School" which also came out around 1990.

Also on my free cable movies list ...
Old December 14th 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

wrote:

was spent watching the 1990 movie Ski Patrol. Old school hot dog
skiing and some pretty cute stunts and a fair amount of what
we now call "extreme" skiing, though most was just coming down
the hill fast with props.

Cute, funny. I noted that Robbie Huntoon was one of the stunt
skiers. A hometown boy, I skied with his dad. I note that he
is now located in the Truckee area as a real estate agent.

His mom was a hospital technician who came to draw blood on
a regular basis when I was in the hospital in Rutland in 1967.

God, I'm getting old!

Last ski movie I watched was "Frozen"
Old December 14th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:54:38 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

Is that on Blu-ray DVD yet?

I believe it's on DVD but I watched it streaming (free)
on Hulu.

But then you don't get to see it on your widescreen HD TV and you
can't use your surround sound.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old December 14th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 14, 2:26*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:54:38 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

Is that on Blu-ray DVD yet?

I believe it's on DVD but I watched it streaming (free)
on Hulu.

But then you don't get to see it on your widescreen HD TV and you
can't use your surround sound.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeal the nightmares.

I have HD out on my laptop. Don't you?
Old December 14th 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:47:34 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote:

On Dec 14, 2:26*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:54:38 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

Is that on Blu-ray DVD yet?

I believe it's on DVD but I watched it streaming (free)
on Hulu.

But then you don't get to see it on your widescreen HD TV and you
can't use your surround sound.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeal the nightmares.

I have HD out on my laptop. Don't you?

ya, but not the same