Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

Old December 3rd 10, 12:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

I left about 5AM, arrived at SS parking lot at 7:15, and parked in
just about the perfect spot - front row right by the ticket office.
The roads were clear despite patchy snow and ice along the side from
about 5000 feet elevtion on up.

The surface was just about perfect machine-groomed, turning softer in
the sun, then crunchy as the afternoon shodows moved over the trails.

SS had all the lifts and trails I care about open except Wall,
Olympic, and Chair 6, but I can accept that on my first day. I skied
all over the mountain and rode every lift except the beginner area.
It was all good.

No clouds, no wind, no liftlines. I only rode up twice when I wasn't
alone on my chair. I think I broke 20,000 vertical even though I had
to leave about 2PM to make it to a 6PM soccer game in Coronado.

Negatives: the mountaintop restaurants were not open, and a beer at
the outdoor barbecue stand cost $6.50.

I was apprehensive about my new/old boots from Truckee and my old
skinny skis, since I only got to use them once last year, the rest of
the season being on newish rentals. These boots hurt my feet the same
way as my last pair - first run cramps and a few hot spots. The first
couple of runs I felt awkward like Itchy in his videos, but by the
third run I was comfortable, so I made a non-stop run down Westridge,
knees together the whole way, some short-swing, some big s-curves the
width of the trial - except for the bailouts away from the snowboard
table I didn't see in the shadow and the two whoop-de-doo rollers near
the bottom that I didn't see coming because I was admiring the form of
my shadow.

Season pass: yes, I got one. More on that later.
Old December 3rd 10, 02:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 3, 4:18*am, Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

No one cares. Crappy mountain and you are an asshole.
What I would like to see is contact info for the SPD officer you
bragged about lying to about me. Very simple. Name. I would be
delighted to get you charged with making a false police report.
One thing for su I never have and never will be able to admire the
form of YOUR shadow. That would mean you'd actually show up and spew
your crap in person.
Old December 3rd 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 3, 5:18*am, Richard Henry wrote:

Alright! Good report.

Pretty early season for So. Calif. isn't it?

You're going to put some miles on you vehicle this year I think. I've
moved the Jan. golf trip from LV to Phoenix/Scottsdale. I played that
course last year so I decided to change it up this year.

How far from SS to Coronado. Memory seems that it's a long way. I've
been exchanging some emails lately with Coronado HS ulumni commitee on
another matter. Pretty funny. But that's another story.
Old December 3rd 10, 04:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 3, 8:22*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 3, 5:18*am, Richard Henry wrote:

Alright! Good report.

Pretty early season for So. Calif. isn't it?

You're going to put some miles on you vehicle this year I think. I've
moved the Jan. golf trip from LV to Phoenix/Scottsdale. I played that
course last year so I decided to change it up this year.

How far from SS to Coronado. Memory seems that it's a long way. I've
been exchanging some emails lately with Coronado HS ulumni commitee on
another matter. Pretty funny. But that's another story.

I left Snow Summit at 2:28 and got to Coronado High School at 5:15. I
only hit bad traffic in a couple of places, just where I expected to -
on 215 in Riverside just after the 91/60/215 interchange, and in San
Diego where 163 joins 5 south.

It is about 130 miles from my driveway to SS parking lot, and I
usually budget 2-1/2 hours going up, unpredictable coming back.

Old December 4th 10, 02:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 04:18:18 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Negatives: the mountaintop restaurants were not open, and a beer at
the outdoor barbecue stand cost $6.50.

Yikes. I hope you had a cooler.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 4th 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 06:25:01 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

No one cares. Crappy mountain and you are an asshole.
What I would like to see is contact info for the SPD officer you
bragged about lying to about me. Very simple. Name. I would be
delighted to get you charged with making a false police report.
One thing for su I never have and never will be able to admire the
form of YOUR shadow. That would mean you'd actually show up and spew
your crap in person.

Shut your ****ing pie hole! This is Christmas. Do us a favor and
blow your brains all over your wall. Did you know that 60% of
suicides happen during the holidays? Do it now.

Old December 4th 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 3, 8:32*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 3, 8:22*am, pigo wrote:

[...]

Holy ****. Another stalking ppppppuuuuussssssyyyyyy brags about
stalking me to my ****ing HIGH SCHOOL.
You pppppuuuussssiiiiieeeeesssss never cease to amaze me with how
desperate you are.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You do know how much I am laughing at you, don't you?
Old December 4th 10, 03:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

No one cares. *Crappy mountain and you are an asshole.
What I would like to see is contact info for the SPD officer you
bragged about lying to about me. *Very simple. *Name. *I would be
delighted to get you charged with making a false police report.
One thing for su I never have and never will be able to admire the
form of YOUR shadow. *That would mean you'd actually show up and spew
your crap in person.

Shut your ****ing pie hole! *This is Christmas. *Do us a favor and
blow your brains all over your wall. *Did you know that 60% of
suicides happen during the holidays? *Do it now.

Do the world a favor. Show up in person and try to make good on your
death threats, you pathetic coward.
Old December 4th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 19:11:35 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Shut your ****ing pie hole! *This is Christmas. *Do us a favor and
blow your brains all over your wall. *Did you know that 60% of
suicides happen during the holidays? *Do it now.

Do the world a favor. Show up in person and try to make good on your
death threats, you pathetic coward.

What would you do? Hit me with your purse? You pussy, you couldn't
swat a mosquito. That's why you don't have the guts to end it all.
Even the people at the soup kitchen hate you and avoid you.

Old December 4th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 3, 8:22*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 3, 5:18*am, Richard Henry wrote:

Alright! Good report.

Pretty early season for So. Calif. isn't it?

You're going to put some miles on you vehicle this year I think. I've
moved the Jan. golf trip from LV to Phoenix/Scottsdale. I played that
course last year so I decided to change it up this year.

How far from SS to Coronado. Memory seems that it's a long way. I've
been exchanging some emails lately with Coronado HS ulumni commitee on
another matter. Pretty funny. But that's another story.

I don't get to see much of Coronado High School except the stadium
where the games are held. It is probably the nicest stadium for
spectators in the county. As for the school buildings, from the
outside, it is as pretty as La Jolla Country Day or Bishop's School.
It doesn't really have any open grounds, but it is right across the
street from a city park and library. Of course, the city has a lot of
restrictions, some by zoning and building coddes, and some just due to
the high price of homes there, that keep out the lower classes except
for military brats that come out of base housing and those who live
with their mothers in servant's quarters.

Just another day in Paradise (Snow Summit) The Real Bev[_7_] Alpine Skiing 2 March 12th 10 11:44 PM
EOY Trip Report helibrdr Alpine Skiing 0 April 25th 08 02:18 PM
SUGGESTIONS NEEDED FOR SUMMIT CO SKI TRIP IN FEB skiwithlove Alpine Skiing 1 February 2nd 08 06:28 PM
Big Bear/Snow Summit conditions Adam North American Ski Resorts 0 January 9th 07 10:46 PM