Storm Warnings, too bad...

Old December 29th 04, 08:41 PM
Dick Gozinya

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:01:03 -0700, AstroPax
wrote:

...I can't go skiing for at least three more weeks.

From the NWS, Salt Lake City UT:

---
IDZ025-UTZ007010-292300-
WASATCH MOUNTAINS I-80 NORTH-WASATCH MOUNTAINS SOUTH OF I-80-
WASATCH MOUNTAINS/IDAHO PORTION-WASATCH PLATEAU/BOOK CLIFFS-
WESTERN UINTA MOUNTAINS-
945 AM MST WED DEC 29 2004

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST THURSDAY..

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF
NORTHERN UTAH AND THE WASATCH MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHEAST IDAHO
THROUGH 5 AM THURSDAY.

SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL CONTINUE TODAY THROUGH TONIGHT. TOTAL
ACCUMULATIONS OF 1-2 FEET ARE LIKELY ABOVE ABOUT 7000 FEET BY
EARLY THURSDAY WITH UP TO A FOOT AT LOWER ELEVATIONS. LOCALLY HIGHER
AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE ON SOUTH FACING SLOPES. ADDITIONAL
ACCUMULATIONS ARE LIKELY THURSDAY WHICH MAY REQUIRE AN EXTENSION
TO THIS WARNING.
---

-Astro

---
X Minus Two
http://ski.astropax.com/04-05/index.htm
---

and I just cancelled our 4 day new years trip due to rain.

"I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." -Arnold Schwarzenegger, during the California recall campaign
Old December 29th 04, 08:43 PM
KentB

Default Storm Warnings, too bad...

Astro -

I was hoping to meet up with you when I was at Snowbird last week. I
thought it was the poor snow that kept you. Now I hear you have been
injured.

I hope you get better quickly. I count on your pictures to keep me going
until I can go skiing again...

"AstroPax" wrote in message
...I can't go skiing for at least three more weeks.

From the NWS, Salt Lake City UT:

---

Old December 29th 04, 10:40 PM
pigo

"AstroPax" wrote in message
...I can't go skiing for at least three more weeks.

From the NWS, Salt Lake City UT:

I'll go for ya.

Old December 30th 04, 04:06 AM
Cerberus

"KentB" wrote in message
m...
Astro -

I was hoping to meet up with you when I was at Snowbird last week.

I wouldn't waste a day at "Snowbird" if you paid me.

But, we have our own winter storm warning out here. For the next four days
we are expecting rain and 70+ mph winds. Oh, and the temperatures are
expected to dip into the 60's. Brrrrrrr! And I just got a new kayak...

Old December 30th 04, 12:41 PM
pigo

"KentB" wrote in message
m...
We didn't waste ANY days at Snowbird. They were all put to good use. I
just kept a look out for someone taking pictures in the areas that Astro
appears to prefer.

Snowbird & Alta are places I will go back to many times. There will be
other chances.

He didn't say anything about wasting a day at Alta. I agree with him about
Snowbird though, at least these days.

Old December 30th 04, 08:27 PM
Black Metal Martha

Dick Gozinya wrote:
---

and I just cancelled our 4 day new years trip due to rain.

That's too bad, there's lots of fresh stuff at Tahoe.

Martha

Old December 31st 04, 03:04 AM
miles

Cerberus wrote:

Opps! I should have realized I'm dealing with a "red stater."

Not a bad state to be in! We tried being blue once, didn't like it.
Learned a bad lesson.
Old December 31st 04, 03:54 AM
Cerberus

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 03:49:29 GMT, "Cerberus"
wrote:

Give your kids an extra squeeze from me when you send them off.

I don't have any kids, dumbass.

Now where do I begin with this one?... Hmmmm.

OK, cool. And thank you.