Yogi Berra

Old April 18th 05, 08:54 PM
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

was right.
"It's not over till it's over."

Better than ever, 219 inches of compacted snow, the slopes are corned
up, the mountain is open - particularly the hikes!, and slides don't
start till late afternoon. What could be better?

So: (This is the same query I offer every spring) Where the hell is
everybody? Every resort at Tahoe should be open and packed,
particularly with beginners - easy to learn in warm weather with
smooth easy skiing snow. But most have closed, leaving a few each of
which would like more business. I just don't get it.

Rpt: Hiked out past Grouse Rock on the ridge to Twin Peaks. Found
wide open untracked corn fields and nobody around except us.
Marvelous skiing, easy access, not TOO much work, WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

LAL,
A couple of my friends are heading in your direction.
Would it be OK for me to give them your contact information.
They are Jody (a lovely lady) and her guy Tony who sell
fire engines for a living. Jody skis at least as well as
I, maybe better.

Sure - I'll be around mostly straight through - going flatland for the
theatre Wednesday, and to LA by way of Mammoth (2 days skiing, 2 days
for a Univ buddy bday party) at the end of the month; other than that I
be skiing (Nous sprechen Ebonics aqui.)

LAL, here is Jody's response to me

Many thanks for the contact. We will be sure to hook up with him. Tony
is pretty set on skiing Squaw (don't ask me why), on Friday but maybe I
can convince him to ski Alpine. We are then heading to Kirkwood for
Saturday and Sunday and will either go to Squaw or Alpine on Monday.

She's got your numbers and the LAL_truckee email addy.

Hope you guys get together. Neat people.

VtSkier