Down Jacket Waterpoofing

Old January 19th 04, 04:02 PM

Default Down Jacket Waterpoofing

I have a down jacket that I am thinking of spring with Techtron DWR
(Durable Water Repellent). I was actually thinking of spraying both the
indside (to protect against sweat) and the outside (to protect against
snow). The primary use of the jacket is a belay jacket over the top of
everything else.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with that idea?????

SCC
Old January 20th 04, 02:38 AM
GR

Maybe you want to look at Nikwax site for down clothing;
http://www.nikwax-usa.com/fabric.asp#4
They seem to know their stuff!
gr

Old January 21st 04, 11:33 AM
taywood

wrote in message ...
I have a down jacket that I am thinking of spring with Techtron DWR
(Durable Water Repellent). I was actually thinking of spraying both the
indside (to protect against sweat) and the outside (to protect against
snow). The primary use of the jacket is a belay jacket over the top of
everything else.

Belay Jacket?
You guys must have some extreme Nordic Tracks there !!
Mike

PS I too have a down jacket for those race officials duties at the far
end of the forest and I use NikWax Down Proof on the outer, but you
need to use the detergent free Down Wash to keep it effective.