Bizzards Good- Hurricanes Bad

Old September 13th 04, 11:27 PM
FHemmer209

J. Urrrk wrote:

If you encounter a morning with a foot or more of fresh powder, do
the right thing: Order a big breakfast and wait it out.

Thats for wives and friends.

Fred

Old September 13th 04, 11:30 PM
FHemmer209

Sue@blackhole wrote:

Florida is being divinely punished for what it did to democracy.

We are already punished enough for no mountains or snow. Dangling chads is a
way of getting even I guess.

Fred
Old September 14th 04, 12:19 AM
Richard Henry

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Richard Henry wrote:

"Walt" wrote:
Sue wrote:

Florida is being divinely punished for what it did to democracy.

Wasn't the Supreme Court involved in some way? Maybe DC will get a
share...

It went by the rules. Sorry if you don't like them, you might want to
try a different game.

Which rules are we going to go by this year?

Old September 14th 04, 01:15 AM
The Real Bev

Dave Stallard wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

No, but courtesy of bugmenot here's a login and password for the
Washington Post:

Hey, I just checked out bugmenot. Very useful site for bypassing
registration. And they have a Firefox Extension for it!! Veerrry
interesting indeed.

I'm running Mozilla, not Firefox. No idea what you do with an
extension once you have it :-( Just putting it where the rest of the
..xpi files live is NOT it. Easy enough to just go to the site...

--
Cheers, Bev
"On the other hand, I live in California so I'd be willing to
Old September 14th 04, 01:16 AM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

"Walt" wrote:
Sue wrote:

Florida is being divinely punished for what it did to democracy.

Wasn't the Supreme Court involved in some way? Maybe DC will get a
share...

It went by the rules. Sorry if you don't like them, you might want to
try a different game.

Which rules are we going to go by this year?

I meant Sue. I figure you already know how the system works.

Old September 14th 04, 02:56 AM
Dave Stallard

The Real Bev wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

No, but courtesy of bugmenot here's a login and password for the
Washington Post:

Hey, I just checked out bugmenot. Very useful site for bypassing
registration. And they have a Firefox Extension for it!! Veerrry
interesting indeed.

I'm running Mozilla, not Firefox. No idea what you do with an
extension once you have it :-( Just putting it where the rest of the
.xpi files live is NOT it. Easy enough to just go to the site...

No, if you have the extension, you just right-click on the name or
password field, it brings up a context menu, you select "bugmenot", and
the whole shebang is filled in for you.

Firefox is the standalone browser that Mozilla puts out; Thunderbird is
their standalone email client. Both are excellent. I have the
impression that Mozilla is moving away from the integrated suite towards
the standalone components. You could probably move to Firefox pretty
easily.

Dave
Old September 14th 04, 03:19 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
FHemmer209 wrote:

Three evacuations in four weeks sucks. You don't evacuate for blizzards do you?

We can't get out of here in blizzards. All the passes are closed. email me
the beta on the Charley dammage. Frances parked a tree on Joel's roof that
damaged 2 trusses. And he's got 2 more of those 200 year old Oaks teetering
over his house and his neighbor's.

I tried to get a hold of your through the Studio, but I guess the message
was never passed on to you. How's the boat? Did the kitchen stay out of
the storm surge? I heard it was 6' at Treasure Island.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old September 14th 04, 03:23 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
FHemmer209 wrote:

We are already punished enough for no mountains or snow. Dangling chads is a
way of getting even I guess.

What's the voter residency requirement? I'm going down there to vote if
all I need is a Florida residential address, and most of my brother's home
is still standing...
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old September 14th 04, 04:52 AM
The Real Bev

Dave Stallard wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Dave Stallard wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

No, but courtesy of bugmenot here's a login and password for the
Washington Post:

Hey, I just checked out bugmenot. Very useful site for bypassing
registration. And they have a Firefox Extension for it!! Veerrry
interesting indeed.

I'm running Mozilla, not Firefox. No idea what you do with an
extension once you have it :-( Just putting it where the rest of the
.xpi files live is NOT it. Easy enough to just go to the site...

No, if you have the extension, you just right-click on the name or
password field, it brings up a context menu, you select "bugmenot", and
the whole shebang is filled in for you.

I'll try it next time. The NY Times keeps its own records so I'll just
have to wait until something new demands a login.

Firefox is the standalone browser that Mozilla puts out; Thunderbird is
their standalone email client. Both are excellent. I have the
impression that Mozilla is moving away from the integrated suite towards
the standalone components. You could probably move to Firefox pretty
easily.

I like NS 4.79 for mail and news, but it blows up if I try to respond to
a quoted post or email in html so if I want to do that I have to search
the post out in Mozilla and cut and paste. The user.js etc. stuff
doesn't work for some reason in 1.8a2 and the interface is really ugly.
And then, of course, there are the sites that make Moz and NS burp, so I
have to haul out Konqueror. I had Opera for a while, but it started
grabbing the mouse, the keyboard and every single scrap of memory, to
the ultimate end that I have to actually turn the damn machine off with
the switch. Not good.

--
Cheers, Bev
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really
Old September 14th 04, 02:49 PM
Walt

FHemmer209 wrote:
J. Urrrk wrote:

If you encounter a morning with a foot or more of fresh powder, do
the right thing: Order a big breakfast and wait it out.

Thats for wives and friends.

ahem NFOPD.

--
//-Walt