Carbon Ski Pole Repair

Old December 20th 06, 01:46 PM
Eric Edevold Eric Edevold is offline
Junior Member

Default Carbon Ski Pole Repair

Do you have a broken racing pole that is out of warranty? I use high tensile carbon fiber and a pressurized heat cure to repair. Race grade repair typically adds less than 1oz to the original pole weight. I charge $40 for ultra light/stiff low profile racing repair and $30 for a heavier training repair. You pick up the shipping here and I pay for the return shipment.

You can reach at the following:

Phone is 612-751-1039
Old December 20th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Camilo

Eric Edevold wrote:
Do you have a broken racing pole that is out of warranty? I use high
tensile carbon fiber and a pressurized heat cure to repair. Race grade
repair typically adds less than 1oz to the original pole weight. I
charge $40 for ultra light/stiff low profile racing repair and $30 for
a heavier training repair. You pick up the shipping here and I pay for
the return shipment.

Can you link to some photos that show the repair?

Old December 20th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Hmmm... Take a racing pole that's 60g/meter (some are less), that's 90g
total for a 150cm pole. A one ounce repair is 31 grams, which means an
additional ~21g/m. Eric says less than that, so say 18g/m. That's the
same as going from a Swix Star (CT1) to a Swix Carbon (CT3). The
difference will be a little less with a longer pole. To keep a pole
active or for two broken poles, this service is definitely cheaper
than buying a new set, if the repair is strong. But I am missing the
practicality of having two poles of such disparate weight. Isn't there
a site for single poles looking for a home?

rm

--
Eric Edevold

Old December 20th 06, 10:12 PM
Eric Edevold Eric Edevold is offline
Junior Member

The weight difference depends on the break. I have a pair of Stars that were broken 3 inches from the basket which I repaired and if I close my eyes I cannot feel the difference in either the standard weight or the swing weight. If it is a high trauma break like you see with a lot of rollerskiing falls then the repair will add more weight.

I guarantee that they repair will be stronger than the original.

I just would hate to chuck a pole that can be repaired and used for primary or back up use.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by