2/15/05 Breckenridge Ski Report

Old February 15th 05, 09:39 PM
snoig

Default 2/15/05 Breckenridge Ski Report

Just got off the mountain a short time ago and it's still snowing. Just
measured 10" outside my door.

Got a late start this morning since it didn't start snowing until about 8
this morning. By the time I got there around 10:30, there was about 2" of
fresh. Went up to Peak 8 and decided to head over to 6 chair. There was a
bit of snow up there but still not enough at that time to cover up the sun
crust. It was really coming down by then and visibility above treeline was
a problem so I decided to go to E chair where I could do some tree skiing.

I did laps on E chair for the rest of the day with each run better than the
last. There were still some rocks on Tom's Baby for the first run but by
the time I got back over there, things were pretty well covered. Mineshaft
and the Doors where in great shape by then but it was snowing so much by
then and the light was flat so I decided to call it quits.

When I got back to my car, there was about 4" or 5" of fresh snow on it and
it was coming down at more than an inch an hour. The roads were pretty bad
in town since the plows are having a hard time keeping up. It snowed
another 3" or so in the short time I've been home and it's still snowing out
there although it looks like it has tapered off a bit. Still, it doesn't
look like it's going to end anytime soon.

If you can take a mental health day for tomorrow or Thursday, it's
definately time to do it. Snow in the forecast for the next few days so
Thursday will probably be the best bet.

snoig

Old February 15th 05, 09:45 PM
snoig

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message
snoig wrote:

If you can take a mental health day for tomorrow or Thursday, it's
definately time to do it. Snow in the forecast for the next few days so
Thursday will probably be the best bet.

Hmm, I may just have to do this, thanks for the update.
----------------------
Chester Bullock,

Just don't go to Keystone this time 8^)

Old February 15th 05, 09:45 PM
Chester Bullock

snoig wrote:

If you can take a mental health day for tomorrow or Thursday, it's
definately time to do it. Snow in the forecast for the next few days so
Thursday will probably be the best bet.

Hmm, I may just have to do this, thanks for the update.
----------------------
Chester Bullock,
Colorado Mountain Cams, Snow Conditions, Opinionated Reports
http://www.black-diamond.com
AIM: tenxible YahooIM: ccb247
Old February 15th 05, 09:48 PM
Chester Bullock

snoig wrote:

If you can take a mental health day for tomorrow or Thursday, it's
definately time to do it. Snow in the forecast for the next few days so
Thursday will probably be the best bet.

Hmm, I may just have to do this, thanks for the update.
----------------------
Chester Bullock,

Just don't go to Keystone this time 8^)

I won't make that mistake again for another year or two. You carry a
radio up there? If so, let me know the channel.

----------------------

Old February 15th 05, 10:15 PM
pigo

That's about it.

Old February 15th 05, 11:56 PM
ant

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message
I won't make that mistake again for another year or two. You carry a
radio up there? If so, let me know the channel.

Did you know that you can call Breck from A-Basin on a talkabout?! It's
true.

ant

Old February 16th 05, 02:11 AM
snoig

"ant" wrote in message

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message
I won't make that mistake again for another year or two. You carry a
radio up there? If so, let me know the channel.

Did you know that you can call Breck from A-Basin on a talkabout?! It's
true.

ant

It's really not that far but you need to be at the top of the Basin. And
with the righ antenna, you could go a lot farther then that.

snoig (who's done a lot of radio work in Summit/Eagle counties)