Burton Custom X, Malolo, Nitro

Old February 4th 06, 01:32 AM

If you can't stand the fire, get out of the firing line....

Old February 4th 06, 02:48 AM

"LeeD" wrote

Ah, but if you don't stay with the thread, you should make it such,
eh?

Friendly warning: you're pretty close to looking like an ignorant
a-hole posting like this and not paying attention to people asking
you to quote correctly. Please include the part of the message
you're replying to in your posts (like I included yours here).

Old February 4th 06, 11:57 AM

On 3 Feb 2006 18:32:04 -0800, "LeeD" wrote:

If you can't stand the fire, get out of the firing line....

******

plonk
--
Champ
Old February 4th 06, 03:54 PM

I love my fish, but it's not what I'd use at a resort, even in powder,
myself. It's all good and whatever floats your boat, but most resort
powder days tend to be a mix of piste, rush, and powder with a bottom
to it. So I use a piste board for that stuff, and save the fish for the
real deal. I think the problem with all this is that if you're a good
rider then you can ride anything in anything, so it's just a case of
what compromise you care to make on the day.

"Surfy". Interesting. I do surf, but that's not how I'd describe the
Fish feel. Perhaps I'm too crappy at surfing, so that's in my future.
It feels kind of like a trad powder board, only there's less
sideways-resistance at the tail... not that you crank the tail around
or anything stupid, but turns faster without the fat tail of a trad
board.

On piste the Fish would be flexible and chattery. That said, some
English duck snowboarder friends thought my fish to be rather stiff: it
all depends where you're coming from. They were also worried about
being able to ride it backwards through the trees, which I felt missed
the point somewhat, but then if yuo like riding backwards the Fish
isn't the ideal board. My raceboards on the other hand are great ridden
backwards, although you get a crick in your neck after a while...

Old February 4th 06, 06:29 PM

Yes, I am an internet ****** of the first degree, and I log in thru
Google.
But when it comes to snowboarding, the moniker doesn't apply......

Old February 6th 06, 11:01 AM

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:19:39 GMT, "LeeD" allegedly
wrote:

Ah, but if you don't stay with the thread, you should make it such,
eh?

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

What you have to realise is that this group is not a web based forum.
Look up 'Usenet' and see how that works. We all use different clients to
access the groups and as such things like "#6" are completely meaningless.

Some people have clients that thread the messages, some do not. Some
clients retain previous messages, some do not. In a world where you want
people to read your posts, it makes sense to make that post accessible to
the majority and to make it helpful. That means including context and
attributions (where appropriate) - even if you don't see it because google
collapses the section into a hyperlink.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/

Advice needed on Burton Cascade and Nitro Shogun Arne Aas Snowboarding 23 April 12th 05 10:16 AM
new burton custom need a wax? hob Snowboarding 3 February 15th 05 04:43 PM
Burton Malolo?? Jim Snowboarding 1 January 29th 05 05:19 PM
Burton Custom too much for a newbie? Mark Andrews Snowboarding 16 December 3rd 04 03:10 AM
2001 burton custom graphics peeling Wyatt Wong Snowboarding 3 December 9th 03 12:31 PM