Bizzards Good- Hurricanes Bad

Old September 12th 04, 12:10 AM
FHemmer209

Default Bizzards Good- Hurricanes Bad

I live in the wrong state!

What a waste of so much unfrozen H2O.

Three evacuations in four weeks sucks. You don't evacuate for blizzards do you?

Fred
Old September 13th 04, 12:32 AM
TCS

Three evacuations in four weeks sucks. You don't evacuate for blizzards do
you?

Yes, we evacuate our homes and head for ski country. But we only get a
blizzard about every five years.

Not as lucky, weather event-wise, as you guys.

Good luck!

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland opens in 5 weeks.
Old September 13th 04, 04:38 AM
J. Urrrk

"FHemmer209" wrote in message
I live in the wrong state!

What a waste of so much unfrozen H2O.

Three evacuations in four weeks sucks. You don't evacuate for

blizzards do you?

Actually we do recommend evacuating the ski area in the event of a
blizzard. You see it's really best if folks leave all that untracked
powder to more qualified personnel that have the special training
necessary to survive in such dangerous conditions.

If you encounter a morning with a foot or more of fresh powder, do
the right thing: Order a big breakfast and wait it out.

Old September 13th 04, 05:30 AM
Richard Henry

"J. Urrrk" wrote in message
"FHemmer209" wrote in message
I live in the wrong state!

What a waste of so much unfrozen H2O.

Three evacuations in four weeks sucks. You don't evacuate for

blizzards do you?

Actually we do recommend evacuating the ski area in the event of a
blizzard. You see it's really best if folks leave all that untracked
powder to more qualified personnel that have the special training
necessary to survive in such dangerous conditions.

If you encounter a morning with a foot or more of fresh powder, do
the right thing: Order a big breakfast and wait it out.

Or you could just send a few snowboarders out to plow it all down the hill.

Old September 13th 04, 07:11 PM
Sue

In message , FHemmer209
writes
I live in the wrong state!

Florida is being divinely punished for what it did to democracy.

--
Sue ];(
Old September 13th 04, 07:30 PM
Walt

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/opinion/tolestom/?name=Toles&date=20040910

--
//-Walt
//
Old September 13th 04, 07:34 PM
Richard Henry

"Walt" wrote in message
Sue wrote:

Florida is being divinely punished for what it did to democracy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...oles&date=2004
0910

Is it good enough to go through the registration?

Old September 13th 04, 07:45 PM
Walt

Richard Henry wrote:
"Walt" wrote
Sue wrote:

Florida is being divinely punished for what it did to democracy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...oles&date=2004
0910

Is it good enough to go through the registration?

The Washington Post? Yeah, it's good enough to be worth the free
registration.
But if all you want is the cartoon, go he

http://www.ucomics.com/tomtoles/2004/09/10/

--
//-Walt
//
Old September 13th 04, 09:49 PM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"Walt" wrote:
Sue wrote:

Florida is being divinely punished for what it did to democracy.

Wasn't the Supreme Court involved in some way? Maybe DC will get a
share...

It went by the rules. Sorry if you don't like them, you might want to
try a different game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/opinion/tolestom/?name=Toles&date=20040910

Is it good enough to go through the registration?

No, but courtesy of bugmenot here's a login and password for the
Washington Post:

b41four

--
Cheers, Bev
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really
Old September 13th 04, 10:27 PM
Dave Stallard

The Real Bev wrote:

No, but courtesy of bugmenot here's a login and password for the
Washington Post:

Hey, I just checked out bugmenot. Very useful site for bypassing
registration. And they have a Firefox Extension for it!! Veerrry
interesting indeed.

Dave