Where to go in Idaho

Old November 18th 04, 03:15 PM
Ace

Default Where to go in Idaho

So, I live in Colorado, but I'm considering moving to Boise, Idaho.
I'm used to Summit County riding (Breck, Copper, Winter Park), but I
also enjoy some of the smaller resorts just a little further south
(eg, Monarch). My wife and I like riding blues, and blue-blacks. My
questions a

1. What resorts are within 2.5 - 3 hours of Boise (not necessarily in
ID itself)
2. How do some of these resorts compare with those here in Colorado

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old November 18th 04, 03:36 PM
Robert Stevahn

On 18 Nov 2004 08:15:08 -0800, (Ace) wrote:

1. What resorts are within 2.5 - 3 hours of Boise (not necessarily in
ID itself)

Bosus Basin, excellent local hill with night skiing. 45 minute drive.
$229 season pass. Will be adding lighted 5K nordic track next year.
http://www.bogusbasin.com

Sun Valley, world class resort, man-made snow, expensive, 3 hour
drive. http://www.sunvalley.com

Tamarack (new this year), 90 minute drive, looking to compete with Sun
Valley but some decent prices for Idaho residents and pass holders at
other resorts. Nice nordic trail system, too.
http://www.tamarackidaho.com

Brundage, smaller family resort in McCall, 2 hour drive.
http://www.brundage.com

Anthony Lakes, Oregon, small resort, 1 lift, reputation for powder,
about 2-1/2 hours away. http://www.anthonylakes.com

I haven't boarded in Colorado, so can't compare.

-- Robert

Old November 22nd 04, 04:50 PM
Chris J.

Don't move to Boise. The snow sucks and the natives are unfriendly. I hear
SLC is the place to be.

Chris

om...

Old November 22nd 04, 05:41 PM
bri719

Chris J. wrote:

Don't move to Boise. The snow sucks and the natives are unfriendly. I hear
SLC is the place to be.

Chris

I take it the wink means there's a tinge of sarcasm involved, LOL

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email