Fischer fr-11 Bindings?

Old September 13th 05, 10:29 AM
MoonMan

Default Fischer fr-11 Bindings?

My new race skis came with the above binding which I think is a Marker
binding. last Sunday at a race I had a meeting with the ground (I actually
went over the finish beam) and both skis came off... Good! but when I tried
to put them back on one of the heel pieces had moved forward on its track. I
returned it to the correct position and it seems to be solid.

Is this normal for these bindings? apart from rentals I have always used
Salomon bindings and never had one move.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old September 13th 05, 09:13 PM
Chriggity

You must not have gotten the memo...Marker = Garbage.

Old September 13th 05, 09:23 PM
Walt

Chriggity wrote:

You must not have gotten the memo...Marker = Garbage.

What memo is that? The memo from Troll Central?
Old September 13th 05, 10:04 PM
Chriggity

Very clever Walt...kudos. Now go back inside. The recess bell just
rang.

Old September 13th 05, 10:19 PM
Robert Swindells

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:29:58 +0100, MoonMan wrote:

My new race skis came with the above binding which I think is a Marker
binding. last Sunday at a race I had a meeting with the ground (I actually
went over the finish beam) and both skis came off... Good! but when I tried
to put them back on one of the heel pieces had moved forward on its track. I
returned it to the correct position and it seems to be solid.

Fischer FR series are Tyrolia Free-Flex variants.

Is this normal for these bindings? apart from rentals I have always used
Salomon bindings and never had one move.

Some of my Salomon bindings use a slotted track that will grip in either
direction. I guess another possible design is a ratchet mechanism that
just stops the heel from moving back.

Which skis did you get ?

Robert Swindells

Old September 14th 05, 03:02 AM
Olaf Timandahaff

In article , Walt had this to
say about that...
Chriggity wrote:

You must not have gotten the memo...Marker = Garbage.

What memo is that? The memo from Troll Central?

Didn't come from us, Walt.

NNN Auto Bindings Author Nordic Skiing 4 December 19th 03 10:13 PM
salomon bindings / burton boards Joe Snowboarding 6 December 18th 03 09:48 PM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 26 December 6th 03 05:51 AM
Mount Bindings Schmoe Alpine Skiing 12 November 15th 03 03:02 PM
Atomic Ski Bindings - 4.12 or 6.14 which is better for me? Christopher Luke Alpine Skiing 7 August 10th 03 03:40 PM