Skier in GYM ?

Old March 1st 05, 11:25 AM
alexmal

Default Skier in GYM ?

i see that a skier should visit gym once a week and on some periods
even more often
yes. i can imagine what muscules is most used in skiing and develope
my exes set (and sure i did it for years)
but maybe U may suggest the set? maybe U seen something like that in
the net?
plz help

thnx
Old March 1st 05, 01:46 PM

I go twice a week. After a warm-up of benching 3*12 of 4 plates, I work
on lats, tris, and abs, which are all important for skiing. I also do
lunges, which work out your butt and quads, and (I think) are good for
skiing.

Don't forget the beach muscles tho' (pecs, bis, etc.). That's really
the only reason to go to the gym.

bt

Old March 2nd 05, 03:30 PM
alexmal

wrote in message roups.com...
I go twice a week

so there is no special ski-set in i-net?
Old March 2nd 05, 03:48 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Some good references on this to look at:

Ski Faster, Ski Easier -- Lee Borowski
One Stride Ahead -- Marty Hall
How to, When to,... -- Torbjorn Karlsen
Getting Stronger -- Bill Pearl (a few pages of cross country skiing
programs for off-, pre- and in-season by Steve Gaskill, Peter Ashley and
T Karlsen in my early edition).

The first two can often be had inexpensively at the used book sites:
abebooks.com, alibris.com, and they are both excellent all-around books
from the '80s.

Gene