Goggles/Glasses/Fogging - Smith Turbo Fan? Anti-Fog spray?

Old November 26th 05, 03:37 AM

Default Goggles/Glasses/Fogging - Smith Turbo Fan? Anti-Fog spray?

The great glasses/fogging discussion continues.. I've been wearing
Scott Storm OTG goggles for years and years but they've completely
disintegrated on me.. I can't wear contacts, I don't trust Lasik,
prescription goggles have the same problems as regular glasses inside
goggles (with the added bonus of being blind without your goggles).. so
I'm not left with much.. I had annoying fogging today and I need to
replace my goggles so I was thinking about either getting another pair
of the Scott Storms and looking into some of those anti fog sprays or
wipes for my glasses.. or getting one of those fancy Smith turbo fan
goggles.. from what I can tell there's currently only one Smith Turbo
OTG goggle, the 'Knowledge'. I only have fogging problems on powder
days, probably because its usually snowing or I'm falling in snow or
I'm working/heating up more, skiing slower in trees, etc... its
abosultely brutal on hikes, there's nothing worse than hiking to the
top of a chute and being blind when you get there. For everything else
I'm fine, I don't fog.

So for those of you who've tried the turbo fan goggles, do they work?
will they fix the problems I've listed? do they work with helmets?? (if
so, what makes/models are compatible that you know of?), and for those
of you who've tried anti-fogging agents, be it sprays, wipes, crayons,
etc.. which is the best, hands down?

Thanks!

Old November 26th 05, 02:40 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The antifogging sprays. None of them are miracles, as far as I can tell, but
they all work somewhat. Treat your GLASSES with the stuff as well, its
usually my glasses which fog up, not the goggles. In a pinch, apply a film
of soap. Not so much you can't see, just a bit of soap and wipe. Its helped
me.

Old November 26th 05, 03:18 PM

Norm wrote:

I'm working/heating up more,

This is the key for me.
If I'm fogging up, I unzip until I'm cold.

-- Mike Treseler