Whistler won't be so popular this year

Old September 20th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Whistler won't be so popular this year

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...refer=currency

Old September 20th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...refer=currency

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

//Walt
//
//...still pining for the days of the $99 season pass at Searchmont
// with the looney worth 67 cents.
Old September 20th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 20, 10:05 am, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mqK_rEzFk&refe...

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

//Walt
//
//...still pining for the days of the $99 season pass at Searchmont
// with the looney worth 67 cents.

At $1.50, will Jay Peak still advertise they are accepting Canadian
money at par?

Old September 20th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 20, 10:05 am, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mqK_rEzFk&refe...

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

At $1.50, will Jay Peak still advertise they are accepting Canadian
money at par?

They may not advertise it, but I'd expect that they would.

//Walt
//
// ...I would too...
Old September 21st 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Potblak

Saalbach Hinterglem is only $50.
Why would you want to ski the damp stuff when you can have real powder and
oompah bands?

"Walt" wrote in message

Old September 24th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sep 20, 9:05 am, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mqK_rEzFk&refe...

The looney may be at par, but even with that W/B's still cheaper than
Vail or KMart.

Wait until the 2010 Olympics are over and there's a glut of hotel rooms
on the market - that's when W/B will be the most affordable, even if the
looney goes to a buck fifty.

//Walt
//
//...still pining for the days of the $99 season pass at Searchmont
// with the looney worth 67 cents.

Dear dumb****:

Whistler is pretty much built out, they won't add much for the
Olympics.
Prices won't change. Utah was empty before the Olympics and empty
afterwards: 2010 would be a great time to visit.
Though I will admit the damn place is getting up to Vail price wise.
Gonna run me 63 bucks with a discount card to ski there this year.
After I go through this stack of free passes, that is.

Old September 24th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:30:38 -0000, wrote this
crap:

After I go through this stack of free passes, that is.

Do you report thise free passes to the IRS?

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

What year? mm Alpine Skiing 1 March 5th 07 04:01 PM
XC is more popular than alpine? [email protected] Nordic Skiing 2 January 27th 06 02:40 AM
Damn I'm popular scottabe Alpine Skiing 47 February 19th 04 12:15 AM
next ski set for 6 year old Starskyfamily Nordic Skiing 10 January 28th 04 03:08 PM
Whistler @ Christmas & New Year - Conditions ?? Iain Gilroy Alpine Skiing 2 August 12th 03 08:14 PM