Head Edge 9 boots - inner boot hurts top of foot

Old November 12th 04, 02:13 PM
Scott Doyland

Default Head Edge 9 boots - inner boot hurts top of foot

Hi,
I have a pair of Head Edge 9 boots, size 26.5.

When I flex my ankles forward I can feel the tounge of the inner boot
pushing into the top of my left foot, ie the end of the tounge pushes
down too much. The right foot is fine. I wore these boots for 8
weeks on the trot and it was painful and it felt as if the bones in
the top of my foot were bruised.

I can actually feel the pressure more if take the inner boot out and
wear it and flex forward just as a test.

Does anyone know if a ski boot shop would be able to correct somethng
like this, I have my doubts as its the actual tounge and not anything
to do with the shell.

Or does anyonme have a pair of 26.5's boots like mine that they want
to get rid of, as Id be willing to buy a pair just to get the inner
boot.

Regards,
Scott

Old November 12th 04, 07:46 PM
Mike Treseler

Scott Doyland wrote:

I can actually feel the pressure more if take the inner boot out and
wear it and flex forward just as a test.
Does anyone know if a ski boot shop would be able to correct somethng
like this.

A good boot fitter can.
Some ski shops have them, some don't.
Get a recommendation from a ski club or ski school.
A good boot fitter can save you years of trial and error.

Or does anyonme have a pair of 26.5's boots like mine that they want
to get rid of, as Id be willing to buy a pair just to get the inner
boot.

I expect the left lining needs modification, not replacement.

-- Mike Treseler

Old November 15th 04, 09:12 PM
lal_truckee

Mike Treseler wrote:
Scott Doyland wrote:

I can actually feel the pressure more if take the inner boot out and
wear it and flex forward just as a test.
Does anyone know if a ski boot shop would be able to correct somethng
like this.

A good boot fitter can.
Some ski shops have them, some don't.
Get a recommendation from a ski club or ski school.
A good boot fitter can save you years of trial and error.

Or does anyonme have a pair of 26.5's boots like mine that they want
to get rid of, as Id be willing to buy a pair just to get the inner
boot.

I expect the left lining needs modification, not replacement.

Agreed. The tongue probably has a crease - it needs to be modified to a
smooth arc curve over the trouble spot. Once the foot has a sensitive
spot everything hurts that spot; c.f. the inner alone as when the OP
tried the inner only, so it may still hurt even after the tongue is
corrected until healed completely. If taking a couple of weeks off isn't
in the cards (it wouldn't be for me) try temporary padding above and
below the spot for a few days even after the tongue is fixed.