Calf Injuries?

Old March 11th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default Calf Injuries?

hey now,

Anyone had one? I did something, I'm not quite sure what, late
day Friday. Pain just above mid calf on lead foot towards inside,
call it 4 o'clock position. Was able to ride out but after stopping
was apparent that certain flexing motions of foot really hurt bad
while others not at all. Its a bit better two days on after a lot
of advil but still quite noticable standing up or going up/down
stairs, less so now walking.

Only have the tiniest of bruise so not clear to me if I just jammed
the back of the boot into my leg (would have thought more black and
blue) or if I did in fact partially tear the muscle. Everything
happened so fast I'm honestly not sure if it was the result or cause
of a lost toe edge while riding at good speed (but well after the
turn).

Any prior experience with this type of injury appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Old March 12th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:06:05 GMT, "Mike M. Miskulin"
allegedly wrote:

Any prior experience with this type of injury appreciated.

Sorry Mike, only when I dropped the board and it landed edgeways on my
calf. I guess you'd remember if you did something like that?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/
Old March 12th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
tg

"Mike M. Miskulin" wrote in message
. 3.44...
hey now,

Anyone had one? I did something, I'm not quite sure what, late
day Friday. Pain just above mid calf on lead foot towards inside,
call it 4 o'clock position.

snip

Only have the tiniest of bruise so not clear to me if I just jammed
the back of the boot into my leg (would have thought more black and
blue) or if I did in fact partially tear the muscle. Everything

snip

Mike,
I had a similar pain (but I don't remember bruising) after riding powder on
a short/non powder board from sitting on the back seat, burning my back leg
all day and evidently my front lead leg was riding against the top of my
boot. It was sore as can be for several days - but no sharp pain just very
sore/tender. It was also the first day in a new pair of Malamutes which
could have also contributed.. (was traveling for work, found them on sale in
my size, and a good storm dumped 18 inches and my meeting was canceled......
so rented what was left and hit the slopes)
Good luck

Old March 12th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

On Mar 11, 7:06 am, "Mike M. Miskulin" wrote:
hey now,

Anyone had one? I did something, I'm not quite sure what, late
day Friday. Pain just above mid calf on lead foot towards inside,
call it 4 o'clock position. Was able to ride out but after stopping
was apparent that certain flexing motions of foot really hurt bad
while others not at all. Its a bit better two days on after a lot
of advil but still quite noticable standing up or going up/down
stairs, less so now walking.

cut

Any prior experience with this type of injury appreciated.

Haven't had that particular problem, but I've done a lot of bad things
to my ankle... In general, if you have your full range of motion and
everything is pretty strong, you're fine and you just need to ice and
take it easy until it gets better. If there are some motions you
can't do, or can barely do, or if some motions are a lot weaker than
they should be, then go see a doctor or a physical therapist as soon
as you can.

Andrew

Old March 12th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
lonerider

On Mar 11, 8:06 am, "Mike M. Miskulin" wrote:
[...]

Do you have your forward lean cranked up, my only guess if that you
might have landed on your board hard on the heels and jammed the
highback into your calf.

Old March 14th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

"lonerider" wrote in
ps.com:

Do you have your forward lean cranked up, my only guess if that

you
might have landed on your board hard on the heels and jammed the
highback into your calf.

Yes I ride with it fairly close to maxed out...I thought the same
thing too afterwards but the lack of really any bruise at all I'm
starting to think it may be something with the muscle. Its 4
full days on now and while most normal stuff there is little or
no noticeable discomfort, it is very noticable when walking on
any type of incline. Also its not really sensitive at all to
poking or prodding.

Going to try to rest it until Friday and then give it a go and
see how it feels - assuming we still have snow.. freakin 50
degrees and possible showers the next two days

Old March 17th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

"Mike M. Miskulin" wrote in
. 3.44:

Going to try to rest it until Friday and then give it a go and
see how it feels - assuming we still have snow.. freakin 50
degrees and possible showers the next two days

well we just got 18" of fresh powder last night so you
know I'm headed out there now At least I had
a good week to be laid up as we had rain a few days..
leg started to feel noticably better on Thursday, was
almost like turning a light on/off as there was little
change at all before then. Fingers crossed it holds
up!

Calf muscle rehab SkiFit Nordic Skiing 1 August 9th 05 03:50 AM
head injuries pose low risk of brain injuries Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 19 August 31st 04 01:05 PM
Alpine injuries lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 2 April 25th 04 07:42 PM
Kick method? was Lower Leg injuries GR Nordic Skiing 24 December 18th 03 10:04 PM
Lower leg injuries in classic skiing Everett Nordic Skiing 6 December 13th 03 03:43 AM