Remember Rossignol 808's ? Would like something similar.

Old December 7th 03, 02:29 AM
John D

Default Remember Rossignol 808's ? Would like something similar.

There was a period in my life where I owned a pair of "Rossignol
808s". They were white with weird black plastic tips (the "707s" where
red and the "909s" were black). This was around 1986 or so.

Does anyone remember this ski and can recommend a 2002-2003 ski that
is similar? They were very easy to ski on and I could do the steep
bumps without burning out my legs. They seemed to be really flexible
and could turn really nice at very slow speeds. I believe they were a
woman's ski which is fine for me since I have weenie leg muscles. I
can parellel ski pretty good.

I went on to Volkl all-terrain skiis and then to K2 Unlimiteds but
they both were way to fast for me and I spent most of my time standing
on the slope waiting for my leg muscles to stop burning. The only fun
skiing I had after that was when I went back and borrowed my old 808s
from the friend I had sold them to.

I'm *thinking* since I only ski 5-9 times a year, have weenie legs,
and I am 54 years old that I need a slow, tight turning ski.

TIA
John D
Old December 9th 03, 03:55 AM
John

(John D) wrote in message . com...
[...]

You might want to try a ski that is similar to a slalom ski, but not.
Dynastar skis tend be good for skiiers that aren't that strong (I mean
not herman maier big). As a general rule given what you have told me
I would not reccomend a fisher, volk, or atomic. I know a lot of
people that are really happy with Volants as the get older.