heal lift help

Old January 25th 05, 02:31 PM
Ottawa

Default heal lift help

Alrighty,
I have the worst time find a boot that fits because I have these skinny
ankles with long, wide feet, if that makes sense. Anyhow, I finally found a
boot that fits awesome on my left foot because it is slightly larger than my
right. The problem is I have a bit of heel lift inside my right boot. I've
been hearing about these things called "foot beds" that apparently help the
verticle fit of the boot? Can someone help or clarify for me. I'm even
tempted to stuff another think foamy piece under my heel or buy a thicker
insert for the right boot

Old January 26th 05, 03:33 AM
sc00t

Ottawa wrote:
Alrighty,
I have the worst time find a boot that fits because I have these

skinny
ankles with long, wide feet, if that makes sense. Anyhow, I finally

found a
boot that fits awesome on my left foot because it is slightly larger

than my
right. The problem is I have a bit of heel lift inside my right boot.

I've
been hearing about these things called "foot beds" that apparently

help the
verticle fit of the boot? Can someone help or clarify for me. I'm

even
tempted to stuff another think foamy piece under my heel or buy a

thicker
insert for the right boot

Thats exactly what a bed is. I had the hardest time finding a boot that
fit (I wear an 11 but bought a 12 because of a lack of widths) now I
have the same problem as you... I went to a local ski shop and had like
4 attendants running boots for me when I was shopping. They tried on a
boot then put the bed in because heel lift was horrid to compensate
size/width problems. The bed is a thick piece of rubber that goes uner
the insole liner on the base of the boot liner (if that makes sense).
They make different ramp heights I was only using larges. Its basically
a soft rubber wedge under your heel.

HTH
-Sc00t

Old January 26th 05, 03:39 PM

I'm assuming you are talking about snowboard boots. If you are,
seekout a DC Shoe dealer. DC Shoes sell one or two models of
snowboard boots that have have liners integrated with an air bladder
around the ankle area, that you can pump-up for custom fit like Nike
Airs. They also have BOA lace system which uses what looks like piano
wire instead of shoe laces. Instead of tugging on laces, you just
twist a knob to lace the boot.

Hope this helps.

Old January 26th 05, 08:07 PM
Ottawa

Yeah, the problem is I just bought a boot. I got what I thought was the
best I could find. I love everything about teh boot except that my heal
lifts a bit cuz of my dang skinny ankes/achilles heal area. I'll try the
wedges unless there are other ideas out there
ups.com...

Old January 26th 05, 09:08 PM
lonerider

Ottawa wrote:
Yeah, the problem is I just bought a boot. I got what I thought was

the
best I could find. I love everything about teh boot except that my

heal
lifts a bit cuz of my dang skinny ankes/achilles heal area. I'll try

the
wedges unless there are other ideas out there
wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm assuming you are talking about snowboard boots. If you are,
seekout a DC Shoe dealer. DC Shoes sell one or two models of
snowboard boots that have have liners integrated with an air

bladder
around the ankle area, that you can pump-up for custom fit like

Nike
Airs. They also have BOA lace system which uses what looks like

piano
wire instead of shoe laces. Instead of tugging on laces, you just
twist a knob to lace the boot.

Hope this helps.

I have skinny ankles as well. I got a apir of DC Shoes, but they were
still a little too big even with the air bladder. Two things might
help, the first is a bit of foam padder directly behind the ankle bone.
Try the ankle wrap... it seems to have cure a bit of the problem that I
have
http://www.tognar.com/boot_heater_wa...snowboard.html.
The second thing is a lacing trick I was just taught... after crossing
the last pair of hooks at the top of your boot, crisscross the alce
down back to the first pair of lace hooks to further tighten the ankle
region and process back up the lace hooks until you run out of lace -
then just tie off as normal.

--Arvin

Old January 26th 05, 10:00 PM
Dean

Ottawa wrote:

Alrighty,
I have the worst time find a boot that fits because I have these skinny
ankles with long, wide feet, if that makes sense. Anyhow, I finally found a
boot that fits awesome on my left foot because it is slightly larger than my
right.

Your feet sound like my feet. I had pain on the top of my heel. I tried
a few "standard" solutions but none helped.

One thing I had tried was taping a pad over the top of my heel. That
made the problem worse. Then I attached a pad above my heel and that
solved the problem. I used a packaged gauze pad and folded it, then
placed it on the pad of an extra large bandage and attached it above my
heel (back of ankle). This apparently fills a gap and makes the boot
fit. The pain stopped.

Dean
Old January 28th 05, 12:08 AM
John Richardson

"Ottawa" wrote in message
Alrighty,
I have the worst time find a boot that fits because I have these skinny
ankles with long, wide feet, if that makes sense. Anyhow, I finally found
boot that fits awesome on my left foot because it is slightly larger than
my
right. The problem is I have a bit of heel lift inside my right boot.
I've
been hearing about these things called "foot beds" that apparently help
the
verticle fit of the boot? Can someone help or clarify for me. I'm even
tempted to stuff another think foamy piece under my heel or buy a thicker
insert for the right boot

You've already got a few responses to try, but I was thinking more along the
lines of making your ankle fatter. A couple of ACE bandages wrapped around
your ankles. I might try it myself.

Old January 28th 05, 02:20 PM
Ottawa

I called up the board shop where I got it to see what they can do. They
told me to bring in the boots and they will stuff some "butterflies" in the
ankle part between the inner and outer boot to ad more "padding". The said
it's what they do to ski boots a lot and for those boarders with skinny
ankles. Gonna go do it tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. Best
part is they'll do it free. If that don't work they said they sell other
stuff as well such as wedges etc...

Old February 1st 05, 04:50 PM
Ottawa

Got the butterfly foam things put in and they are great. Hugs right above
the achilles just like I needed
. ..

Old February 7th 05, 02:30 PM
Dean

Ottawa wrote:

I called up the board shop where I got it to see what they can do. They
told me to bring in the boots and they will stuff some "butterflies" in the
ankle part between the inner and outer boot to ad more "padding". The said
it's what they do to ski boots a lot and for those boarders with skinny
ankles.

Any followup report? I didn't see one. (Perhaps my r.s.s service missed
a followup message.)

Another possible factor to consider which I didn't consider until last
week. I rode +21/+7 last year. In the spring I started to get heel pain.
This year there was a little pain even though I used the method that I
described in another message to solve the pain problem. I also noticed
that my back foot wanted to move to a different orientation. At first I
thought my body wanted a wider stance, but that was wrong. My brain
finally got the message from my foot that it wanted to face the opposite
direction. My bindings are now at +21/-5 and my foot (including heel) is
happy.

Dean