Wax Recommendation: Universal Conditions

Old February 7th 05, 04:35 AM
John Davison

Default Wax Recommendation: Universal Conditions

I'm looking for recommendations on a good brand of wax for universal
conditions.

~J.

Old February 7th 05, 04:47 AM
Mike T

I'm looking for recommendations on a good brand of wax for universal
conditions.

SVST Ultra Wax - comes in 10 ounce bricks for $10 US, which is a far better
deal than you are likely to find in a snowboard or ski shop.

http://www.race-werks.com/product.ph...4100&cat_id=17

I personally use the temperature-specific ones (red, yellow and blue) but I
suspect the all-temp version is just fine. I've found it works just as
well as Swix and Toko for a fraction of the price. I might get more picky
if I were a high-level racer or something, but rarely do I see another
snowboarder out-glide me on the flats

Mike T

Old February 7th 05, 06:12 PM
Chris Stringer

Hello,

We use One Ball Jay wax on all our our tunes in the shop. The yellow
normal wax is recommended for temperatures from 10-23 degrees farenheit
and is the one we most commonly use. Here is a link:
http://rdcshop.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=42412

One Ball Jay also has wax specific for warmer and cooler temps. Of
course there is also Zardoz Not-Wax for a quick fix in all temps. Here
is a link:
http://rdcshop.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=42413

Hope this helps.

Chris Stringer
RDCShop.com Online Board Shop
Bend Ski and Board Sport
1009 NW Galveston
Bend, OR 97701
Email:
Web:
http://www.rdcshop.com
Fax: 541.312.1159
Local Phone: 541.389.4667
Toll Free Phone: 1.877.BEND.SKI
Offering FREE SHIPPING on US orders over $175

Old February 8th 05, 02:32 AM
Mike T

One Ball Jay also has wax specific for warmer and cooler temps.

I used the OBJ "Summer Slush" wax during spring and summer for two seasons.
Warning - the graphite or whatever it is in the wax penetrates deep and
doesn't come out. It stains anything that's not black. I've had 2 base
grinds on my Donek Wide and the white Donek bird is *still* stained. No
performance issues whatsoever but if you're into your base graphics, avoid
that stuff like the plague!

Mike T

Old February 8th 05, 04:43 PM
bri719

Mike T wrote:

I used the OBJ "Summer Slush" wax during spring and summer for two seasons.
Warning - the graphite or whatever it is in the wax penetrates deep and
doesn't come out.

I would think it's flourinated wax if it's for warmer temps. , but who
knows....seems pretty weird, I've used blue flourinated (Poorboy) before
and it never did anything quite like that.

good luck,

bri

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old February 8th 05, 04:47 PM
Mike T

I would think it's flourinated wax if it's for warmer temps. , but who
knows....seems pretty weird, I've used blue flourinated (Poorboy) before
and it never did anything quite like that.

I don't know if it has fluoro-whatever in it, but there is definitely
graphite and it definitely stains ptex!

Old February 11th 05, 04:55 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

"Mike T" wrote in news:d26Od.16403$wc.15422
@trnddc07:

I don't know if it has fluoro-whatever in it, but there is
definitely graphite and it definitely stains ptex!

As I have a package right here in front of me....

"One Ball Jay High Fluoro Graphite Additive for Aggressive
Snow in Summer Months"

Summer Slush Warm 23-32F 5oz
$7.99 from Daves in Tahoe City.

And yes, its black as charcoal.

Universal Toko Wax as a basic layer TahoeXCSkier Nordic Skiing 31 April 20th 04 01:18 PM
Whistler conditions DZN Alpine Skiing 0 April 12th 04 04:49 AM
Conditions for Keski Tim Dudley Nordic Skiing 7 February 12th 04 03:37 AM
Good web site for ski conditions in Switzerland,Austria? Dan Epstein European Ski Resorts 10 December 17th 03 07:55 PM
2 Alpes glacier conditions PG European Ski Resorts 0 August 30th 03 09:01 AM