Skiing Jan 23 or 29 2011

Old January 1st 11, 06:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Howard Morgan

Default Skiing Jan 23 or 29 2011

Hi All

I would love to go skiing on either of the above dates. I'm an intermediate
skier, ski mostly RED runs. The areas I'm looking at are France - Flaine, La
Plagne or Italy the Milky Way

I'm 62 years old widower and would love somebody to ski with - Male or
Female

Hope somebody is out there

Regards

Howard Morgan

Old January 1st 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_4_]

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:00:11 -0000, "Howard Morgan"
wrote:

Hi All

I would love to go skiing on either of the above dates. I'm an intermediate
skier, ski mostly RED runs. The areas I'm looking at are France - Flaine, La
Plagne or Italy the Milky Way

I'm 62 years old widower and would love somebody to ski with - Male or
Female

Well, yo ucould always try joining the Ski Club - there are leaders in
34 resorts including both your French choices and several in the Milky
Way region
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/ski....aspx?show=all
There's detailed info elsewhere on the site about skiing with the
leader, but in effect there's both a program of planned activities and
the chance to meet up with fellow members and often to ski with them
when not with the leader.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old January 2nd 11, 08:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:00:11 -0000, Howard Morgan squeezed out the
following:

Hi All

I would love to go skiing on either of the above dates. I'm an intermediate
skier, ski mostly RED runs. The areas I'm looking at are France - Flaine, La
Plagne or Italy the Milky Way

I'm 62 years old widower and would love somebody to ski with - Male or
Female

As Ace says, join the SCGB. Or, pick a chalet with one of the tour
operators. I've done this a few times on my own and always found
people to ski with. Better still, go with Mark Warner, who offer an
excellent ski-hosting service (often with a couple of groups of
different abilities) most days.

--
Colin Irvine
Old January 3rd 11, 02:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

Hi All

I would love to go skiing on either of the above dates. I'm an
intermediate skier, ski mostly RED runs. The areas I'm looking at are
France - Flaine, La Plagne or Italy the Milky Way

I'm 62 years old widower and would love somebody to ski with - Male or
Female

Hi Howard, can't improve on the advice given already, but do come back and
tell us how you get on. However if you fancy Wildschonauer in the first week
I'm in Neiderau and we're always happy to ski with others - mixed abilities
and nearly all over 50

Paul S

Old January 18th 11, 07:47 PM
damienkris66 damienkris66 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post

Hi All

I would love to go skiing on either of the above dates. I'm an
intermediate skier, ski mostly RED runs. The areas I'm looking at are
France - Flaine, La Plagne or Italy the Milky Way

I'm 62 years old widower and would love somebody to ski with - Male or
Female

Hi Howard, can't improve on the advice given already, but do come back and
tell us how you get on. However if you fancy Wildschonauer in the first week
I'm in Neiderau and we're always happy to ski with others - mixed abilities
and nearly all over 50

Paul S
Hey man! You need to read these reviews on SKI resorts.. They'll give you enough info for you plans...

hope this helps..