Motivational quotes

Old August 20th 03, 01:59 AM
Jay Tegeder

Default Motivational quotes

I still think my quotes are the best... Is that being provincial? Is
that the correct spelling and or use of the word? Does that mean I
have a big ego? Or, does it mean I'm self centered? Would you
recommend some self retrospection or is it introspection? Should I
take time to reflect on what I've said? I stll think my quotes are the
best... Yeah they are... By my standards...

Jay Tegeder
"I faders spar for framtids segrar"

(Jay Tegeder) wrote in message . com...
My favorite motivational quotes are all from the same person...

1) "Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Very true indeed. The stomach hanging out of a lycra suit isn't a good
thing. That's one of the reasons I wear a vest...

2) "On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT

There are at least a dozen guys or more in the Minnesota and Wisconsin
area who always beat me in my age group. They don't always show up for
the races though...

"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT

Another very true quote. Here's a partial list of the skiers I've
beaten who I've had no business beating; Marcus Nash, Chip Tabor, Jay
Wenner, Greg Lemond, Jeff Bradley, Michael Standmann, Juha Mieto, Dave
Dow, Dave Christopherson, Mike Myers, etc... They were either fat, out
of shape, old or had very bad skis...

Anyway, those are some great quotes...

Jay Tegeder
"It's not how fast you go, it's how many fast people you know!" JT

"John O'Connell" wrote in message news:bv30b.144907$Oz4.39288@rwcrnsc54...
The frontrunner stole my quote....

It is actually " When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

This is the only thing that I remember from college.

John OC

"FrontRunner" wrote in message
"When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro" - Dr. Hunter Thompson

The FrontRunner
"Eric W. Chandler" wrote in message
What is the latest motivational quote that is getting you out the door?

Mine is "Anytime you do less than your best, you sacrifice the Gift." --

Steve
Prefontaine

I'm trying to get motivation for my 3 hour skate tomorrow morning.

Eric "Shmo" Chandler
Duluth, MN

Old August 20th 03, 03:22 PM
Eric W. Chandler

self retrospection

Some of this is required. We sure are competitive people when we compare our
quotes!
Eric "Shmo" Chandler
Duluth, MN

Old August 20th 03, 04:52 PM
Chris Cline

"compulsive" is the word that comes to my mind...
;- )

Chris Cline
SLC, UT
--- "Eric W. Chandler"

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Old August 27th 03, 03:08 PM

T-shirt to wear at a biker's (ATVer's-snowmobiler's-drag racer's----)
convention :

"Real men are self-propelled" (Sorry ladies!)

Best, Peter
Old August 28th 03, 08:59 PM
Jeff Potter

"MARQUETTE!"

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old August 29th 03, 12:56 PM
David Dermott

Not particularly skiing related, but for cyclists riding against the
wind, here is a good quote from Josie Dew, cycle tourist and travel
writer:

I vow never to complain about any headwinds or sidewinds or wide
winds again.
Because, as all cyclists know, winds are not so much westerlies or
easterlies as forever againsterlies. Now, for the first time in my life
awheel, I relish them and love them, because to have no wind in your
face is the worst wind of all.

"http://www.bikereader.com/BikeReader/contributors/Dew/goesaround.html"

Background: Josie had been grounded by her "wonky knee" for over a
year.

--

David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada
email:

Old August 29th 03, 05:32 PM
Jay Tegeder

From Tom Barnard of the KQRS FM Morning Show in the Twin Cities;

"That's why they call them triathletes. They're trying to be athletes..."

Jay Tegeder

Old August 29th 03, 09:47 PM
Jeff Potter

"An hour a day, just an hour a day, just get out there and do something every day, no excuses, just get yer butt out
there, even just for a little while, then do a little weights on top of it when you're done if possible."

That's my mantra.

I don't know if it's working but I sure do get out there any chance I get and I make as many chances as I can. I'm
going to level the darn dirt driveway today with the huge grub ax! Then jump into my kiddy pool. Yeah!

You guys really do have some great quotes.

I want to be able to fit in my pants and I want to be able to fly up the hills. Anything else is gravy. Oh yeah, and
I fit to be fit enough to not get hurt doing other fairly normal things in life. Wanting to do these things seems
like motivation enough to me.

OK, maybe also the leering grin of M*I*K*E M*U*H*A fits in there somewhere, too. Eat my dust, Mike!

--

Jeff Potter
****