Motivational quotes

Old August 18th 03, 03:09 AM
J999w

Default Motivational quotes

What is the latest motivational quote that is getting you out the door?

"Boy...am I getting fat!'

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Rest equals rust.

You've got to SHOW that you want it.

Never give up until the wheels fall off.

The fruits of toil are the sweetest pleasure.

Great topic for the FAQ we so badly need.

jw
milwaukee

Old August 18th 03, 12:19 PM
John O'Connell

The frontrunner stole my quote....

It is actually " When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

This is the only thing that I remember from college.

John OC

"FrontRunner" wrote in message
"When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro" - Dr. Hunter Thompson

The FrontRunner
"Eric W. Chandler" wrote in message
What is the latest motivational quote that is getting you out the door?

Mine is "Anytime you do less than your best, you sacrifice the Gift." --

Steve
Prefontaine

I'm trying to get motivation for my 3 hour skate tomorrow morning.

Eric "Shmo" Chandler
Duluth, MN

Old August 18th 03, 08:22 PM
Jay Tegeder

My favorite motivational quotes are all from the same person...

1) "Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Very true indeed. The stomach hanging out of a lycra suit isn't a good
thing. That's one of the reasons I wear a vest...

2) "On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT

There are at least a dozen guys or more in the Minnesota and Wisconsin
area who always beat me in my age group. They don't always show up for
the races though...

"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT

Another very true quote. Here's a partial list of the skiers I've
beaten who I've had no business beating; Marcus Nash, Chip Tabor, Jay
Wenner, Greg Lemond, Jeff Bradley, Michael Standmann, Juha Mieto, Dave
Dow, Dave Christopherson, Mike Myers, etc... They were either fat, out
of shape, old or had very bad skis...

Anyway, those are some great quotes...

Jay Tegeder
"It's not how fast you go, it's how many fast people you know!" JT

Old August 18th 03, 09:19 PM
Tim Dudley

From: (Jay Tegeder)
Newsgroups: rec.skiing.nordic
Date: 18 Aug 2003 13:22:45 -0700
Subject: Motivational quotes

My favorite motivational quotes are all from the same person...

1) "Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Very true indeed. The stomach hanging out of a lycra suit isn't a good
thing. That's one of the reasons I wear a vest...

Excellent idea! Never thought of that - I always used a wide belt with my
water bottle holders.

Old August 18th 03, 09:21 PM
Tim Dudley

The one that works the best for me, now, is

"No Excuses."

Tim

Old August 18th 03, 09:28 PM
Bob Larson

"Just Do It" - Nike

"To fly, flip away backhanded. Flat flip flies straight.
Tilted flip curves. Experiment!" -Whamo
Old August 18th 03, 09:33 PM
Darrel Newman

"Lord, You lift them up and I'll lay them down"

Old August 19th 03, 12:47 AM
Matt Morency

If you are not going to do your best, then you are wasting everyone's time.

At home is the family, outside you can escape

Excercise makes you happier

--Matt

Old August 19th 03, 02:28 AM
GR

I always liked "It's all about the glide"
But in the local 4th of July parade, the High school ski team had a good
slogan; "Ski CrossCountry, because gravity is not a sport"

Old August 19th 03, 03:01 AM
Gary Jacobson

Night or day, it doesn't matter where I go anymore, I just go.
We set out that night for the cold in the North.
Skies are grey, I'm looking for anything that will bring a happy glow.
You'll never know the hurt I suffered nor the pain I rise above.
Got ice water in my veins.
Take a deep breath, feel like you're chokin'.
I'm cold, cover me with a blanket.
Suffering like a fool.
North wind about to break.
All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.

An artist formerly known as Blind Boy Grunt from Hibbing, Minnesota.

Gary Jacobson- (I got forty red white and blue shoe strings.)
Rosendale, NY