Snowboard Shops In Banff

Old January 4th 05, 09:19 PM
Rob

Default Snowboard Shops In Banff

Hi all,

I`m going to Banff in 3 weeks and I`m looking to buy a board and
bindings over there(probably a Ride Booter and some K2 Cinch
bindings). I have heard that as it is in a national park the prices
are likely to be higher in Banff than the rest of Canada. Does anyone
know if this is true?

Also, can any Banff locals or former visitors recommend and stores.
So far I`ve found Rudeboys, Ultimate Ski & Ride, Unlimited Snowboard
Shop and Showcase Snowboards.

Thanks,

Rob
Old January 4th 05, 09:49 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Rob wrote:

I`m going to Banff in 3 weeks and I`m looking to buy a board and
bindings over there(probably a Ride Booter and some K2 Cinch
bindings). I have heard that as it is in a national park the prices
are likely to be higher in Banff than the rest of Canada. Does anyone
know if this is true?

Also, can any Banff locals or former visitors recommend and stores.
So far I`ve found Rudeboys, Ultimate Ski & Ride, Unlimited Snowboard
Shop and Showcase Snowboards.

Rude Boys and Unlimited are the big ones. You'll probably find some
deals there in January. There's quite a few shops in town so prices are
more competitive than you might think. Definitely better prices than
the UK.

As you'll be flying into Calgary, see if you can get some time to check
out the Calgary shops. It's been a while since I've lived there, don't
know what's current. IIRC there are a couple of shops on the way out of
town on highway #1 (16th Ave), if you're doing the rental car thing.

Neil

Old January 4th 05, 10:34 PM
Fleaman

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I`m going to Banff in 3 weeks and I`m looking to buy a board and
bindings over there(probably a Ride Booter and some K2 Cinch
bindings). I have heard that as it is in a national park the prices
are likely to be higher in Banff than the rest of Canada. Does anyone
know if this is true?

Also, can any Banff locals or former visitors recommend and stores.
So far I`ve found Rudeboys, Ultimate Ski & Ride, Unlimited Snowboard
Shop and Showcase Snowboards.

Thanks,

Rob

The big shop in Calgary is called The Source. The shops in Banff don't have
bad prices at all, I found a great deal a few years ago on Burton race
plates and also picked up a pair of stepin freestyle bindings and boots for
my wife.. I cannot remember which shop it was, but it was on the main
street.

Old January 5th 05, 02:40 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Fleaman wrote:

The big shop in Calgary is called The Source. The shops in Banff don't have
bad prices at all, I found a great deal a few years ago on Burton race
plates and also picked up a pair of stepin freestyle bindings and boots for
my wife.. I cannot remember which shop it was, but it was on the main
street.

If it was anything alpine, probably Unlimited. IIRC they used to rent
Burton and Rossi race gear at Norquay.

Neil

Old January 21st 05, 12:02 PM
Slaughterhouse

"Jonn-Erik Farmen" wrote in message

"Spiff" wrote in message
On 4 Jan 2005 14:19:42 -0800, (Rob)
wrote:

Hi all,

I`m going to Banff in 3 weeks and I`m looking to buy a board and
bindings over there(probably a Ride Booter and some K2 Cinch
bindings). I have heard that as it is in a national park the prices
are likely to be higher in Banff than the rest of Canada. Does anyone
know if this is true?

Also, can any Banff locals or former visitors recommend and stores.
So far I`ve found Rudeboys, Ultimate Ski & Ride, Unlimited Snowboard
Shop and Showcase Snowboards.

Thanks,

Rob

Not only is it in a NAtl Park, but its a tourist zone..So of course
everything is going to have an inflated pricetag...Zip into Calgary
about 90minutes east and you will save lots of money..
ps-Make sure you dont just 'waste' time at Sunshine, but hit Lake
Louise just west of Banff..

Spiff

Strange, I was in both Banff and Calgary last year looking to replace my
snowboard
which snapped in two, and I found much better prices in Banff than I did

in
Calgary. Ended
up buying a board from the Rude Boys in Banff down in the main street.
They're a bit more expensive
tha the other shops in town, but they're the only ones that had a Fastback
174 ...

Also enjoyed Sunshine more the Lake Louise, but then the conditions were
poor in LL.

I was thinking of taking my family to Sunshine in early March. They seem to
have quite a few runs. What problems have you found there that would make it
a waste of time?

Old January 21st 05, 01:58 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Slaughterhouse wrote:

I was thinking of taking my family to Sunshine in early March. They seem to
have quite a few runs. What problems have you found there that would make it
a waste of time?

I didn't see anywhere where anyone said Sunshine was a waste of time.
It's a world-class resort that I'm sure you and your family will enjoy.
If the snow is good at Louise, it's even better, so make sure to allow
for hitting both resorts. If you've got a week or more, hit one the
first day, the other the second and decide where you want to be the rest
of the week. Don't want to be cursing conditions all week at one of
them when the other is great (I've talked to tourists who did just that).

Neil

Old February 3rd 05, 06:39 AM
Spiff

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:02:55 GMT, "Slaughterhouse"
wrote:

I was thinking of taking my family to Sunshine in early March. They seem to
have quite a few runs. What problems have you found there that would make it
a waste of time?

Sunshine tends to have shorter runs...And going down the Continental
divide (run) you had better carry some good damn speed to get up the
long grade to or else you are in for a possibly long walk.... 8(

Spiff