Ski Posters

Old September 16th 04, 04:07 PM
Jeff

Default Ski Posters

Anyone have any old Nordic ski posters laying around, that you'd be willing
to part with (cheap?). Looking for shop posters, like from the ski or wax
companies, or old race posters.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old September 17th 04, 12:10 AM
sknyski

I've got a circa 1977 Bill Koch poster by Fischer - "Fischer builds
skis for Bill Koch to win on" with an autograph taped on that I would
sell for, maybe, $2,000. Is that cheap enough? :-)

bt
Old September 17th 04, 05:13 AM
Jeff

"sknyski" wrote in message
om...
I've got a circa 1977 Bill Koch poster by Fischer - "Fischer builds
skis for Bill Koch to win on" with an autograph taped on that I would
sell for, maybe, $2,000. Is that cheap enough? :-)

bt

Hmmm... I thought Koch was always with Rossignol.

Old September 17th 04, 07:28 PM
sknyski

http://www.sproutsparky.com/old_crap/kochposter.jpg

He was with Fischer until 1977 or 1978. He skied the 1976 olympics on
Fischer, including the relay on mohair, where he had the second
fastest time of the day. The latter was cited by ESPN in 1999 as one
of the "Top 10 Sports Moments of the Century". Actually, I'm lying
(but he did ski the relay on Zero Degrees).

Here is another Fischer poster from the early 80's featuring some fast
guys of the era.

http://www.sproutsparky.com/old_crap/fischer.jpg

And, of course, the self-aggrandizing shot - see if you can find
sknyski on this vintage Bill Koch League promotional calendar. (Hint:
I am in the top row, but I'm not the kid sucking his thumb). And yes,
the signature is from "The Man" himself. I think I won this by
answering a trivia question correctly from the Bill Koch League
newsletter from that fall. Something like "how do you spell klister".

http://www.sproutsparky.com/old_crap/torgertokle.jpg

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help you get your hands on any
of the posters you are looking for; hopefully someone else has been
able to help out. My dad used to collect the very posters you are
looking for, but gave most of them away to the New England ski Museum,
which used to be in Fanconia Notch before the Old Man of the Mountains
collapsed and crushed it (again, lying about the last part).

And, apologies on the 3rd grade digital photography skills, I was too
focused last night on starting flame wars!

bt
Old September 17th 04, 09:36 PM
J999w

http://www.sproutsparky.com/old_crap/kochposter.jpg

Boy, the guy knew how to layer. I recall skiing a lap around the local golf
course with him during his early Rossi pomotional tours ('85?) ... he had on
something like six jackets. You could count all the zippers around his neck.

Here is another Fischer poster from the early 80's featuring some fast
guys of the era.

http://www.sproutsparky.com/old_crap/fischer.jpg

Trivia! Name the skiers!

(I'm guessing N.Z. , T.W., and O.B. )

Takk ! for posting these pics.

John Wilke
Milwaukee
(jw)
Old September 17th 04, 09:57 PM
Gary Jacobson

Aren't most of us in this NG ski posters?

I'll go out to he wax shed and roll up an Oddvar Bra Swix poster and stick
it in a tube.

He's using those poles that have a basket that looks like a hand. Cool.

Send your post address.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old September 17th 04, 10:12 PM
J999w

http://www.sproutsparky.com/old_crap/fischer.jpg

Trivia! Name the skiers!

(I'm guessing N.Z. , T.W., and O.B. )

I'm changing my guess from N.Z. to A.Z.

jw
Old September 17th 04, 10:27 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 17 Sep 2004 12:28:26 -0700, (sknyski) wrote:

http://www.sproutsparky.com/old_crap/fischer.jpg

Wow, I had a pair of skis with those graphics (got them used) and used
them as skate skis with the tips cut off.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old September 17th 04, 10:33 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

The coolest ski poster I ever saw was by Bombardier, showing all their
latest grooming equipment.

And I always hoped that Fischer would make their "Unfair Advantage"
advertisement, which featured Johann Mühlegg, into a poster. That
would be classic.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
Old September 17th 04, 11:09 PM
Gary Jacobson

Actually Lildajahl (sp?) pole poster with Bra.
I know how to find your address.
You'll need to do restoration, like back it and laminate it. But jeeez, it's
gotta be 30 years old, and has been up that long.
Where'd I get it? Somewhere I worked probably: EMS, Alpine Recreation,
Campus Bike?