Alternative to Burton snowboard

Old March 14th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
ZebX

Default Alternative to Burton snowboard

Hi,

I am looking for a board.
Custom-X look like good product for me, 180cm, 90kg, freeride, 8 years of
practice.
Some people talked to me there is very good alternative to Burton
costless.

Does somebody have test Burton model and similare product in another
brand ?

Thanks
Sylvain
Old March 14th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

ZebX wrote in news:49bb2450$0$23717
:

Hi,

I am looking for a board.

Donek
Old March 16th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
ZebX

Le Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:51:59 -0500, Mike M. Miskulin a écrit:

ZebX wrote in news:49bb2450$0$23717
:

Hi,

I am looking for a board.

Donek

Beautiful boards.
Which do you test versus similar Burton model?
Old March 17th 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

ZebX wrote in news:49beb433$0$7874
:

Donek

Beautiful boards.
Which do you test versus similar Burton model?

I dont compare. My first board was a Burton supermodel
I thought it sucked. I went to winterstick (original)
and then to Donek.

IMHO Burton boards are overpriced and generally overrated.
As an indication, I was unable to offload a very lightly
used Fish for even $190. I got it on a whim at the Burton
spring sale a few years ago and just dont get many chances
to use it in very deep powder and for anythign less than 2'
I prefer my Donek as it rides the chop better.