Sore throat blues...rats!

Old December 29th 03, 05:57 PM
Jeff Potter

Default Sore throat blues...rats!

OK, I made it thru my first week of having a chest cold and was clearing
up and looking forward to real life again...when I started getting a
sore throat every evening. Yuck. I'm not used to those things. So I kept
on laying low. So now it's been a week more with this nagging part-time
sore throat. I guess I still feel punk overall. I don't know about these
sore throats so I'm just still doing nothing. It's weird how this darn
sick stuff takes the wind outta your sails. Hard to work much even. So I
missed our big Mid-Mich 6" snowfall that lasted 2 days. No training now
for 2 weeks. RATS! The sore throat lingers, no signs of going or getting
worse either. Masters Natls in a couple weeks? Sheesh.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old December 31st 03, 02:10 PM
J999w

Lots of sick co-workers at the hospital where I work. I haven't had a sniffle
yet. Besides diligent hand washing, I use a pen or pencil tip to work elevator
buttons, grab door knobs with my sleeve, and even wash my face (and nostrils)
when leaving for home.

Bug free still ! (knock on wood)

jw
milwaukee
Old December 31st 03, 04:06 PM
Jeff Potter

Still got the sore throat. Some kind of bug. Otherwise fine. Clear snot. Yet I
hesitate to exercise. Maybe it's getting better. It sure is taking its time! I
feel like I've lost all my training. Not ready for Masters, no way, but hope to
bounce back shortly. I'll go up to just do the skiing. No predictions.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old December 31st 03, 04:51 PM
George Cleveland

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:06:31 -0500, Jeff Potter
wrote:

Still got the sore throat. Some kind of bug. Otherwise fine. Clear snot. Yet I
hesitate to exercise. Maybe it's getting better. It sure is taking its time! I
feel like I've lost all my training. Not ready for Masters, no way, but hope to
bounce back shortly. I'll go up to just do the skiing. No predictions.

--

Jeff Potter
****
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com
publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself culture...
...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies...
...rare books on ski, bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller
about smalltown smuggling ... radical novels coming up!
...original downloadable music ... and articles galore!
plus national travel forums! HOLY SMOKES! 800-763-6923

Some years there just seems to be a lot of viruses around. Have also had a
succession of sniffles, sore throats, sinus clogs. Oh well, I'm still
going to drive up to the nearest skiable snow tomorrow and celebrate 2004
on my Madshus'.

g.c.