Best Snowboard Manufacturer???

Old November 25th 03, 10:32 PM
John Davison

Default Best Snowboard Manufacturer???

Just curious, who do you consider to be the best manufacturer of snowboards?

-- John
Old November 25th 03, 10:34 PM
Robert Stevahn

On 25 Nov 2003 15:32:32 -0800, (John Davison)
wrote:

Just curious, who do you consider to be the best manufacturer of snowboards?

-- John

I think it must be Venus Snowboards. Don't you all agree? They're new,
you know.

-- Trace, er, I mean Robert
Old November 25th 03, 11:31 PM
Mike T

Just curious, who do you consider to be the best manufacturer of
snowboards?

Oh, we've been debating that one for years on this newsgroup! If you
spend enough time reading through posts you'll see this question
answered from lots of different angles. (Use Google if your news
reader won't go too far back easily)

In order to give you a useful answer that question, one needs to know
something about you, your riding style, where you ride (conditions,
pitch), etc. Do you ride freestyle, freeride, or alpine? BoarderX?
Rails? Are you big and heavy, short and light, athletic, weekend
warrior, lodge bunny, etc? Do you cruise groomers or do bumps or only
come on on deep powder days? Ice coast, high Rockies, New Zealand, or
Swiss Alps?

Anyways, if you're mainly a freerider, read back through the
newsgroup... I've made countless entries about my favorite maufacturer,
Donek (www.donek.com)

Mike T

Old November 25th 03, 11:43 PM
Juan Parra

Venus Snowboards? Are you kidding me?
They're good but the best IMO are Herr Vaughnter boards
http://www.hvsnowboards.com/

Old November 26th 03, 03:24 AM
Derrick Ma

Best snowboard? You'd get a million answer. My vote goes to Neversummer
however. Arbor boards are wicked also.

om...

Old November 26th 03, 07:45 AM
Iain D

Mike T wrote:

Anyways, if you're mainly a freerider, read back through the
newsgroup... I've made countless entries about my favorite maufacturer,
Donek (www.donek.com)

I dug out my first impressions of my Donek:

Subject: Kirky, a Donek and six foot of pow
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:42:21 +0000
From: Iain Duncumb
Newsgroups: rec.skiing.snowboard

Kirkwood
What a place! Plenty of height, plenty of steeps, plenty of in bounds
hiking, tons of snow (8ft in the 1st 2 days I was there).

Donek 165 wide
What a board! Perfect waist width for me - 26 cm. Tried it in all
conditions from deep, deep pow - took 5 mins to dig myself out after one
fall - to ice. Carving it’s not as turny/twitchy as my old Eldorado,
just very stable as the speed goes up, inviting you to push harder.
Quality is great - the base is about as good as you can get, waxes
nicely and very resistant to rock damage. I was shocked when it hit my
credit card though: an outrageous £170 ($270)

The board is still structurally sound but sustained some big early
season core shots last winter - now relegated to rock board. Replaced by
- you guessed it - another 165 wide (and a couple of Fish...)

Iain

--
IainD at ukme dot me dot uk

Old November 26th 03, 06:50 PM
Arvin Chang

"Juan Parra" wrote in message news:EGSwb.496271$pl3.458511@pd7tw3no...
Venus Snowboards? Are you kidding me?
They're good but the best IMO are Herr Vaughnter boards
http://www.hvsnowboards.com/

Hey Juan, tell us more about these HV boards, I've gone to site and
they just keep saying "see-thorough topsheet and carbon fiber wrapped
core"

--Arvin
Old November 26th 03, 07:37 PM
Juan Parra

I was actually making fun of Venus Snowboards...
I just met a sponsored boarder on Monday and
he was riding HV...so I figured I mention that name
as my favorite board. I know they're hand made
and the construction looks very good.
Just click on the name Herr Vaughnter and it will
open a flash (what else) window.
I like to hear more from people who own them.

I personally ride Never Summer...and I'm very happy with it.
I've ridden Salomon in the past and they are very good quality,
but not as durable. I want to ride a Donek Incline eventually...
and compare...

Juani

"Arvin Chang" wrote in message
om...

Snowboard Forums ? Rob Snowboarding 2 December 31st 03 02:58 PM
Snowboard Manufacturers and Retail Outlets BarB Snowboarding 2 November 25th 03 01:07 AM
FS: Oxbow snowboard Jacket brand new Craig Corbett Snowboarding 1 October 6th 03 04:08 PM
Is this snowboard too long for me? Gary H Snowboarding 5 September 25th 03 02:44 PM
Snowboard FAQ Switters Snowboarding 0 September 16th 03 11:09 AM