Women's Snowboard

Old November 13th 03, 07:52 PM
Mike Tayter

Default Women's Snowboard

I am trying to buy a snowboard package for my fiance. She is just
starting out with snowboarding. Can anyone give any advise on any of
these boards?

snowjam trixie
evol geisha
house floral

Thanks,

Mike
Old November 14th 03, 05:20 AM
Chris Stringer

Mike,

The Evol and House boards are probably fine for a beginner. I have
never heard of Snowjam so I can't really make a recommendation there.
I will tell you that none of these boards are very high end (which is
probably not a big deal in your case). All are entry level boards
that your gf will probably want to upgrade from in a few years if she
gets into the sport.

Just an FYI, we recently added a women's snowboard section to our
site, and we are offering free shipping on all orders over $175.

http://www.rdcshop.com/?cat_id=3226

Ride makes some great women's boards that are very affordable and have
good construction, and we have some package deals with Option boards
and bindings if you want a complete setup. Never Summer is a good
choice as well with a killer warranty and a loyal following. Feel
free to call or email if you have any questions.

Chris Stringer
RDCShop.com Online Board Shop
Bend Ski and Board Sport
1009 NW Galveston
Bend, OR 97701
Email:
Web:
http://www.rdcshop.com
Toll Free Phone: 1.877.BEND.SKI
Old November 14th 03, 09:39 PM
Biff

My recommendation:

Have her rent once or twice to make sure she is gonna stay with the sport.
After that, look into something she will be able to ride for a while before
she is sick of it.

My wife bought a Solomon Ivy as her first board, after renting a few times,
and loves it. I don't see her outgrowing it any time soon.
Old November 25th 03, 08:49 PM
trace Everett

I am trying to buy a snowboard package for my fiance. She is just
starting out with snowboarding. Can anyone give any advise on any of
these boards?

snowjam trixie
evol geisha
house floral

Thanks,

Mike

Have you checked out Venus Snowboards. We're the new women's board company and we've still got product for 2003/04 if you're interested. Please, check out our website and product line: www.venussnowboards.com
We still have boards in all models and sizes. And frankly, our boards are much better constructed than these boards you're talking about above.

Thanks,
Trace

Snowboard Forums ? Rob Snowboarding 2 December 31st 03 02:58 PM
Good snowboard shop in Las Vegas or Denver area? Serena Snowboarding 1 November 22nd 03 10:12 PM
FS: Oxbow snowboard Jacket brand new Craig Corbett Snowboarding 1 October 6th 03 04:08 PM
Is this snowboard too long for me? Gary H Snowboarding 5 September 25th 03 02:44 PM
Snowboard FAQ - URL only Switters Snowboarding 0 August 6th 03 07:54 AM