Help with Rossignol boot

Old February 19th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
D-unit

Default Help with Rossignol boot

My wife and I are new to snow skiing and have purchased
used ski boots.

She got pair of Rossignol R900's. They have what appears
to be 2 adjustments and I would like to learn what these adjustments
do.

1. A black "knob" on the back set to "1" with
a tab that reads "lock".

2. A metal screw head on the ankle that uses an allen
hex wrench to move the screw head in 1 of 3 positions.

She complains that she feels like she is leaning too far forward
when wearing the boots.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Don

Old February 20th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier

D-unit wrote:
My wife and I are new to snow skiing and have purchased
used ski boots.

She got pair of Rossignol R900's. They have what appears
to be 2 adjustments and I would like to learn what these adjustments
do.

1. A black "knob" on the back set to "1" with
a tab that reads "lock".

This is one of two things, most probably it's a
"release" to allow you to stand up more straight
when walking. I would suggest that the "lock" position
is the skiing position and any other position is
a "walk" position which allows the cuff to be in
a more upright stance. It will also allow the boot
to be put on and off much more easily.

The other possibility is that it adjusts the forward
lean angle. This is unlikely judging by the picture
I'm looking at.

2. A metal screw head on the ankle that uses an allen
hex wrench to move the screw head in 1 of 3 positions.

'So called' "canting" adjustment. The idea is to have
your knee line up vertically with the longitudinal center
of the ski (ski boot sole). This is more correctly called
"alignment" and best done by a ski shop pro.

She complains that she feels like she is leaning too far forward
when wearing the boots.

That's right, these are ski boots. Try the knob mentioned
above in the un-lock position for walking around and
lock when skiing. No, it's not too much forward lean
for skiing. If she's fighting it and it's irritating
the backs of her legs, I'd recommend lessons. I wear
all the hair off the *fronts* of my legs in the first
two days of skiing each year. My boots have an adjustable
forward lean and it's set at maximum.

Old February 20th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Bob F

"D-unit" wrote in message
My wife and I are new to snow skiing and have purchased
used ski boots.

She got pair of Rossignol R900's. They have what appears
to be 2 adjustments and I would like to learn what these adjustments
do.

She complains that she feels like she is leaning too far forward
when wearing the boots.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

My friend just got a new pair of boots, with significantly more forward lean
than her old low-end boots. She is suddenly making huge advances in her skiing
as she learns to use the new boots. She can bend her legs more without sitting
back, allowing her to absorb bumps better, edge better, etc.

FS: Rossignol Telemark Boot - US 12.5 Ralph Backcountry Skiing 0 December 30th 04 08:59 PM
Rossignol RPM 90 Ali Razavi Alpine Skiing 0 November 14th 04 05:08 PM
Rossignol Sly 158 tal Snowboarding 0 February 14th 04 02:44 PM
rossignol swords Dion van Rijswijk Snowboarding 0 December 20th 03 03:35 PM
2001 Rossignol 9x Pro Jiyang Chen Alpine Skiing 7 November 8th 03 12:32 AM